Mission 11

I play in OB.
I think there must be an undestroyed aircraft problem.

I think it's annoying to have this kind of condition built in because our AV8B is not really a fighter but thanks for taking the time to answer so quickly.

56 minutes ago, Chacal_IX said:

I play in OB.
I think there must be an undestroyed aircraft problem.

I think it's annoying to have this kind of condition built in because our AV8B is not really a fighter but thanks for taking the time to answer so quickly.

So, when I tested this campaign, and when it was sent to the testers, this mission never failed. F-14's would sweep the skies clear, having the skies clear would bring another set of dialogues and interactions in that mission. Now, with the latest changes introduced it looks like there's some problems with how quick the F-14's are engaging and how quick they are dealing with the fighters, not to mention that the Phoenix may be broken again. I can't balance this in a way where you still feel like you are part of a bigger war, and yet having to pretend like the war around doesn't exist. It's a pain to deal with this. I'll see if I can adjust this mission in any way. 

Cheers, 

• 3 months later...

(Spoiler warning) I scored just minor bomb damage on some UAZ in the convoy and then escaped towards Sirri when the fighter warning came in.

I managed to evade the fighters and shot down one Fishbed. The message appeared that both the Fishbed and Phantom flights had been destroyed.
Yet, after landing and taxiing back the result was only 50. Even my wingman survived this time.  May the result be linked to scoring any A-G kills? I run the latest OB.

I'd like to take the chance to commend your great campaign and scripting here, it's a lot of fun!

Edited by blaster182

A-4E | AV-8B N/A | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-5E | F-14A&B | F1 | FC3 | M-2000C | Mosquito | P-47D | Spitfire | AH-64D | Mi-8MTV2 | Mi-24P | SA342 | UH-1H
Nevada | Normandy | Persian Gulf | Sinai | South Atlantic | Syria | The Channel | Supercarrier | NS430
i7-5820K @ 4.50GHz | 32GB DDR-4 @ 3.00GHz | 2x 1TB NVMe SSD | Asus RTX 2070S O8G
Saitek X-52 Pro HOTAS | Thrustmaster TFRP pedals | TrackIR 5

I tested this one. I'm assuming that after the changes in the AI BFM and with the changes in the AIM-54 the Tomcats can't effectively deal with all the threats and they are missing a Mig-29. It happened in 2 cases out of 3 and the trigger for victory is based around that. I'll come up with some changes around that, so they get blasted out of the sky when needed. 😄 Gonna feel like God I guess. When it's your fate it's your fate. 😄

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I'm not sure what the victory conditions are for this one are, but I took out 12 vehicles with a ripple of 12 Mk82s, but only one of them was a SCUD launcher, and then both myself and wingman made it back to Siri for 50% result. Perhaps it's linked to the SCUD kills rather just survival and killings some random vehicles.

DCS World_20230603_174205_R.png

Edited by Pyrocumulous
correct to iron bombs

Pimax Crystal, Asus ProArt X670E-Creator, Ryzen 7950X3D, 64gb DDR5, RTX 4090 FE, Magic Trackpad 3, Warthog HOTAS, Warthog Throttle and TPR pedals.

Did you got jumped by the enemy planes? Or you just did your bomb run and that's it, with the mission load out there was no way to get 12 vehicles in one pass. I think this went off the script. 

I did get jumped by the bandits, but managed to get out alive with only a glancing missile strike. I did it with the mission loadout (with considerably less damage to the convoy) but wasn't passing, so I did again with 12 Mk-82 bombs and still no pass. I did manage to get a result of 100 by re-arming at Siri and going back to clean up the convoy on a second run. I wonder if I didn't reach the trigger zone when landing at Siri the first time?

Regardless, this is a really fun mission. Clearly not the jet you would choose to be in when you get jumped by a bunch of fast interceptors equipped with radar!

Pimax Crystal, Asus ProArt X670E-Creator, Ryzen 7950X3D, 64gb DDR5, RTX 4090 FE, Magic Trackpad 3, Warthog HOTAS, Warthog Throttle and TPR pedals.

I think the issue is that I wasn't flying over Waypoint 7, instead calling into Siri and lining myself up with runway 30.  Doing that, if I land and then taxi all the way to the end and then back to parking area, I got Results 100 (both times I tried it) despite only taking out a couple of SCUD TELs, possibly because I taxied all the way to the NW end of Siri runway. Is that possible?

I checked this one. The results are based on you being alive and the enemy fighters being neutralized. I have some safeguards to destroy them by magic when the time is right, but one of it may have failed. I'll look more into the logic. Funny enough that when i'm testing it it works. somehow TOT or your pace maybe is throwing off some AI, not that you are doing anything wrong, it's just one of the DCS AI things. I'll dig deeper into it.