Keeping people from stealing my missions

GR00VYJERRY

I run a few public 24/7 missions for our group. They are open to the public and I am glad that all sorts of people fly in them. However, I put a ton of work into scripting these and don’t want my hard work taken by others. I didn’t know this was possible but I had someone message me out of the blue and ask how I would modify my script to add some additional stuff. Apparently they had downloaded my lua files from the public mission somehow. How can I prevent that?

I have not done it myself, but I understand that you can in fact load code from a local file .. like it is mentioned here:

"... you can call a loadfile that looks at a specific folder location on your PC. 

local path ='J:\\Dropbox\\\Projects\\DCSMissions\\'

assert(loadfile(path .. "myCode.lua"))()

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

21 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

I have not done it myself, but I understand that you can in fact load code from a local file .. like it is mentioned here:

"... you can call a loadfile that looks at a specific folder location on your PC. 

local path ='J:\\Dropbox\\\Projects\\DCSMissions\\'

assert(loadfile(path .. "myCode.lua"))()

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/29/2022 at 9:38 PM, GR00VYJERRY said:

I run a few public 24/7 missions for our group. They are open to the public and I am glad that all sorts of people fly in them. However, I put a ton of work into scripting these and don’t want my hard work taken by others. I didn’t know this was possible but I had someone message me out of the blue and ask how I would modify my script to add some additional stuff. Apparently they had downloaded my lua files from the public mission somehow. How can I prevent that?

Make the server private and do not allow the public maybe ?

• Like 1

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

Maybe look at sharing it. I mean there isn't a way really to hide it. I've been working on a handful of missions for over six months now. It is ALOT of work. But hey every time a new server, or a new mission pops up it helps the community. Maybe help raise others up as an option.