Adding Nevada Airports and Getting into Modding

Aspen23

I would like to learn hot to mod and I figured the easiest way to start would be to add airports to the NTTR map. They would be great for large operations and can be very strategic areas. It would also be a good way to get into modding. So far I've mapped a total of 72 run ways (including the vanilla runways and 2 are off screen) most being small dirt ones that are used for farming but can accommodate C-17s, A-10s, C-130s, and more. I also noticed I could add Plant 42, Edwards AFB, Mojave Air an Space port, and a few more sizeable airports. I can also add more airports if necessary.

image.pngI have 3 questions, is this possible, if so how/where do I start as a noob to modding, anyone wanna help me do this?

Thank you for your time as well as any and all help you can give me.nullnull

Just use the regular font.

14 hours ago, razo+r said:

As for the mods, create a 3D model of your airport, implement it as a static object into DCS and then place it whereever you want. 

The AI won't be able to use it.

You need the SDK for maps and most other stuff, and it is not publicly available. You can attempt making skins, textures, or simple AI units and 3d models, though.

Edited by Mars Exulte
  • Like 1

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

2 hours ago, Mars Exulte said:

Just use the regular font.

The AI won't be able to use it.

You need the SDK for maps and most other stuff, and it is not publicly available.

You can attempt making skins, textures, or simple AI units and 3d models, though.

Agreed, ED hasn't released any stuff to make maps, and they probably won't add more airports to it. I mean it would be cool but not probably going to happen.

• Like 1

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

On 5/30/2022 at 10:09 AM, razo+r said:

I recommend you to use the default font, it's much easier to read. 

As for the mods, create a 3D model of your airport, implement it as a static object into DCS and then place it whereever you want. 

Are there any mods like that already released?
Static 3D object of an airport for player use?