Can't switch between all weapons

New to FC3, coming to some unfortunate realizations about the limitations against A2G in general. Most of the planes have issues where ripple rates and quantities can't be selected, so if I fire off s-25's or dumb bombs, it pickles/rifles all of them off at the same time. Luckily, the A10A doesn't have this problem, buuuut, I am running into another.

Seems that if I loadout with more than 3 weapon types, ex: Mavricks, CBU, and rockets, it will only allow me to switch between 2. I can cycle between my rockets and my Mavricks, but can't select my CBU's. I've tried a few other combinations and keep running into the same thing. It appears that I can only switch between the last 2 weapon sets in the order they were loaded. If I expend one of them fully, I can then switch to whatever I couldn't switch to before.

What am I doing wrong?

For the first issue (pickling/firing all of selected weapon at once), that should only be happening if you have selected ‘salvo mode”. That is what that key combo does.

Can’t double check your second issue as I’m away from my computer.

EDIT: Just checked with a loadout similar to your (Mavs, CBU, rockets) and everything worked as it should. No problem selecting weapons.

Edited by Ironhand
  • Thanks 1

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

I have a 100% reproducibility rate with this A-10A issue. I'll try to get a video next time I'm home, but I don't have any idea yet how to narrow down the factors on what's causing this. Happens in both single player and multiplayer, and this is a relatively fresh install that I just -repaired yesterday.

As for salvo mode, this is the issue. Some of the planes are locked with salvo mode on. Some, like the J-11, I can fire s-25 rockets off individually. With the Su-33 on the other hand, I am forced to fire them all at once. This includes bombs as well. If I load up several racks with dumb bombs, it will release all of them at the same time! lol that's never how they functioned in practice and is impossible to set them up that way. The quantity and timing has to be set and if timing isn't set, they drop one at a time.

I haven't had any issues with the Su-25T other than sometimes not being able to drop single dumb bombs at a time. It drops them all when in SGL/2 mode.

I've got a video of the A-10A weapon switching issue

Edited by FusRoPotato

8 hours ago, FusRoPotato said:

I have a 100% reproducibility rate with this A-10A issue. I'll try to get a video next time I'm home, but I don't have any idea yet how to narrow down the factors on what's causing this. Happens in both single player and multiplayer, and this is a relatively fresh install that I just -repaired yesterday.

As for salvo mode, this is the issue. Some of the planes are locked with salvo mode on. Some, like the J-11, I can fire s-25 rockets off individually. With the Su-33 on the other hand, I am forced to fire them all at once. This includes bombs as well. If I load up several racks with dumb bombs, it will release all of them at the same time! lol that's never how they functioned in practice and is impossible to set them up that way. The quantity and timing has to be set and if timing isn't set, they drop one at a time.

Don’t post a video, post a short track. Set up a short mission and when you quit the mission, one of your options is to save a track. Save it and post it here. That way we can see if the issue occurs for us using your mission. And, if it does, we can see if we can figure out what’s causing it. A video only proves that you’re seeing what you say you’re seeing. And we already believe you. The question is “why”.

If you did a quick repair, chose the slow repair instead. And uninstall any mods you might be using, if any.

The J-11 is not one of the original FC3 aircraft and, so, may have a different way of handling certain things. Bombs will always be dropped in pairs in the Su-27 and Su-33 unless you use the salvo mode key commands in which case all of the same type bombs will be released at once. If you’re carrying 4 FAB-500s, for example, and they all release at once without that key command, there’s an issue. That’s not how it was designed to work and, as far as I know, you are the only one experiencing it.

EDIT: This is what happens in my Su-33 cockpit with S-25*4, and FAB-250*4:

Edited by Ironhand
  • Like 2

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

19 hours ago, FusRoPotato said:

Does it happen only after you use rearm & refuel?

Could you check the A-10A CAS instant action for Caucasus Map? Does this problem occurs there as well?

• Like 1

@FusRoPotato If you would, download the attached TRK files and see what happens. It’d be interesting to see whether or not everything works as it should. It might help to narrow things down. “Singles and Doubles” is the TRK file used to create my earlier video. “A-10A” cycles thru Mavericks, CBUs, and rockets (I think that was the last category).

Singles and Doubles.trk A-10A.trk

• Like 1

_____

23 hours ago, FusRoPotato said:

I haven't had any issues with the Su-25T other than sometimes not being able to drop single dumb bombs at a time. It drops them all when in SGL/2 mode.

I've got a video of the A-10A weapon switching issue

What key are you using to cycle through weapon selection? The HUD mode selection dial keeps cycling between NAV and CCIP which makes no sense when cycling weapons.

Edited by Ironhand
Spelling, punctuation, grammar, complete thoughts; you name it.
  • Like 1

_____

5 hours ago, Ironhand said:

What key are you using to cycle through weapon selection? The HUD mode selection dial keeps cycling between NAV and CCIP which makes no sense when cycling weapons.

"D". It only changes HUD mode when I press the mode selection keys.

7 hours ago, Ironhand said:

@FusRoPotato If you would, download the attached TRK files and see what happens. It’d be interesting to see whether or not everything works as it should. It might help to narrow things down. “Singles and Doubles” is the TRK file used to create my earlier video. “A-10A” cycles thru Mavericks, CBUs, and rockets (I think that was the last category).

Singles and Doubles.trk 48.69 kB · 0 downloads A-10A.trk 47.45 kB · 0 downloads

Ok, I am new to DCS so I'll have to learn how tracks work, but I will check it out. I expect if something is wrong on my side, I won't see it swap correctly? I will also see if I can make a track myself, unless one is already made and stored somewhere.

9 hours ago, Jascha said:

Does it happen only after you use rearm & refuel?

Could you check the A-10A CAS instant action for Caucasus Map? Does this problem occurs there as well?

It happens after re-arm and refuel, apparently when I'm on a server, but not while in the Instant action CAS. Perhaps this is a server side bug of some sort, but sometimes on the server I can swap between 3 weapons out of 4 or 5 types. This CAS IA mission only has 3, two of which are different Mavrick variants. 

Tried my hand at mission editing for the first time and it seems I can switch between all weapons just fine with 7 unique weapons. Now I have to see if I can figure out how to rearm myself in single player to rule that out before assuming it's a server problem.

edit, was able to land at a base in single player and rearm. It allowed me to swap all weapons after changing them all. I can only guess this is a multiplayer or server issue at this point.

Edited by FusRoPotato
  • Like 1

@FusRoPotato Tried 4 or 5 public servers this morning and loaded 3 different weapon types on the A-10A, Su-27, and Su-33. The A-10A was the only one which would not let me cycle through all of the weapons. Only 2 were available to select. The outer pylons were never selectable in my limited sampling.

You might want to make this an official bug report, if you have the time. The A-10A definitely has an issue on servers when weapons need to be loaded. I have supporting TRKs for the A-10A. I think you mentioned the same behavior occurred with the Su-33 but I saw no evidence of that myself this morning.

As far as viewing track files is concerned… Download the track and put it in the Track folder in your DCS Saved Games folder [C:\Users\"yourname"\Saved Games\”your DCS installation’s name”\Tracks]. Start the sim, select REPLAY from the main menu, select the track file you want to watch, and unpause it after it loads. As an aside, if at any point during the viewing you should want to take control and fly it, simply press ESC and select Take Control (or however it’s phrased).

Edit: BTW, every time you fly on a server, a track is automatically saved to your Saved Games DCS folder in Tracks\ Multiplayer.

Edited by Ironhand
Add a bit more info.
  • Thanks 2

_____

Here's a thorough explanation of the bug I'm refering to:

• The bug triggers when these 3 conditions are met altogether:
    • stations 2, 4, 8 and 10 are given the exact same weapon (be it bombs or rockets) - we'll call it "weapon A".
    • station 3 is given a weapon different from "weapon A" - we'll call it "weapon B".
    • station 9 is given a weapon different from "weapon A" - we'll call it "weapon C" (B and C can be equal or not).
  • It prevents the use of bombs on stations 1, 5, 6, 7 and 11.
  • The blem disappears as soon as stations 3 and 9 are emptied OR as soon as stations 2 & 10 are emptied.
  • Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Haven't had time to try every combination and all stations but the issue occurs in both SP and MP. In SP, the issue occurs whether the A-10A is set to PLAYER or CLIENT. In both SP and MP the issue occurs when you either start with no weapons or start with weapons and change the weapon load. IF you start with weapons and change nothing, there is no issue. I have not tested launching weapons to confirm that part of the issue.

A-10A-Clean Player-Issue.trk A-10A-Clean Client-Issue.trk A-10A-Dirty-Clean-Dirty Player-Issue.trk

• Like 1

_____

On 6/4/2022 at 5:31 AM, Flappie said:

Here's a thorough explanation of the bug I'm refering to:

• The bug triggers when these 3 conditions are met altogether:
    • stations 2, 4, 8 and 10 are given the exact same weapon (be it bombs or rockets) - we'll call it "weapon A".
    • station 3 is given a weapon different from "weapon A" - we'll call it "weapon B".
    • station 9 is given a weapon different from "weapon A" - we'll call it "weapon C" (B and C can be equal or not).
  • It prevents the use of bombs on stations 1, 5, 6, 7 and 11.
  • The problem disappears as soon as stations 3 and 9 are emptied OR as soon as stations 2 & 10 are emptied.

Yes, those conditions create the issue. The following configurations with the ALG-131 pod creates the issue as well:

GP-Untitled-1.jpg

Edited by Ironhand
  • Like 1

_____

2 hours ago, Flappie said:

I cannot reproduce the issue with such configurations. If you can, please provide tracks.

conf2.trk 47.64 kB · 0 downloads conf1.trk 42.83 kB · 2 downloads

If that’s addressed to me, the tracks are in the post above my last. I’ll run yours, when I get home from work tonight.

• Thanks 1

_____

I've just tested your Player track, which shows a pair of Sidewinder missiles on store 11 after you asked for a rearm. I found it normal that you're unable to cycle Sidewinders while in the "7" air-to-ground mode.

I then replaced Sidewinders by a rockeye bomb and I was able to cycle all three weapons.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

54 minutes ago, Flappie said:

…track, which shows a pair of Sidewinder missiles on store 11…

1CB4B58C-86EC-4CE4-8CB1-D03191DA3946.gif 

I’m an idiot… Can’t believe I didn’t catch that.

_____

On 5/30/2022 at 9:50 PM, Ironhand said:

Don’t post a video, post a short track. Set up a short mission and when you quit the mission, one of your options is to save a track. Save it and post it here. That way we can see if the issue occurs for us using your mission. And, if it does, we can see if we can figure out what’s causing it. A video only proves that you’re seeing what you say you’re seeing. And we already believe you. The question is “why”.

If you did a quick repair, chose the slow repair instead. And uninstall any mods you might be using, if any.

The J-11 is not one of the original FC3 aircraft and, so, may have a different way of handling certain things. Bombs will always be dropped in pairs in the Su-27 and Su-33 unless you use the salvo mode key commands in which case all of the same type bombs will be released at once. If you’re carrying 4 FAB-500s, for example, and they all release at once without that key command, there’s an issue. That’s not how it was designed to work and, as far as I know, you are the only one experiencing it.

EDIT: This is what happens in my Su-33 cockpit with S-25*4, and FAB-250*4:

Half the time it launches S-25's in pairs for me, even if they are only on one wing. Otherwise, it launches all 4 at once. This is a problem regardless of whether or not it was intended. Sometimes, it will release 3 out of the 4 available, or release weapons outside of the selected category. I don't have a track for that specifically but someone else has posted tracks of that here in the past. Installation slow repairs have been done.

I suspect none of this would be a problem if default was single as expected. I have no way of verifying what mode anything is in by default.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Miy1eNSbDNSS6ZM7nJi_5IiXzuMcHKRB?usp=sharing

Some track files. One shows everything being pickled off at once as if this "salvo mode" is... on or off? I didn't interact with it either way. Second track shows them dropping/ launching in pairs, which is as you describe, however it launches the rockets in pairs as well which is unlike your video. Usually those fire off all at once which is a huge waste. It's especially wasteful for bombs considering they have a blast radius 10 times smaller than the S-25's.

As for the A-10A, This was 100% reproducible up until some point in time and I haven't been able to replicate it again since for a track file. 

Edited by FusRoPotato

• 1 month later...