Raven One: Dominant Fury

baltic_dragon

Indeed, same for me!! So excited to discover this new campaign! I love your creations so much for their awesome stories, so realistic, immersive and fun!

Keep up the amazing work! 👍

• Like 1

"An optimist is a guy who plants two seeds and runs to buy a hammock"

Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming WiFi | MSI RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio | 32Go Corsair Vengeance 32Go DDR5 6000Mt/s CL30 | MasterLiquid ML360R | Corsair NVMe M.2 1To x2 | Seagate 2To SATA III | TM Warthog stick base w/ F/A-18C grip + WW Orion 2 throttle w/ F/A-18C grips | FSSB R3 L w/ TM F-16C grip + TM Viper TQS | MFG Crosswind V3 w/ damper kit | Meta Quest 3 128Go | Dell S2722DGM

Mirage 2000C | F/A-18C | F-16C | Su-33 | Mig 29 | Supercarrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandie 2.0 | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai

1 hour ago, tuxsmouf said:

The Raven campaign made me buy the book. it was a double win :). Can't wait to buy this campaign too.

I ended up reading all three books in the series.  Can't wait for the prequel campaign.  

image.png

Edited by Mistermann
  • Like 1

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

Looks great. When is it out?

• Like 1

Now: Water-cooled Ryzen 5800X + 32GB DDR 4 3200 RAM + EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra 24 GB + Reverb G2 + Add-on PCI-e 3.1 card + 2x1TB Corsair M.2 4900/4200 + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM TPR Pendular Rudder  'Engaged Defensive' YouTube Channel

Modules: F/A-18C / AV-8B / F-16 / F-15E / F-4E (when it lands) / Persian Gulf / Syria / Nevada / Sinai / South Atlantic

Backup: Water-cooled i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz + 32GB DDR4 3200MHz + GTX 1080 8GB + 1TB M.2 1k drive & 250GB SSD drive 500MBps 4K 40" monitor + TrackIR 5

Raven One is pretty much the only campaign Ive managed to finish...bring on #2!

• Like 2

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

On 5/31/2022 at 3:16 PM, FMBluecher said:

Would I be missing out by playing the original Raven One campaign before this one, even though this one is a prequel? I assume not (especially since I've already read the book), but just wanted to ask.

It does not matter that much. I think it still is better to fly the original R1 (and read the book) and then move to the prequel. 

On 6/2/2022 at 9:47 AM, C3PO said:

Looks great. When is it out?

It has been submitted, so hopefully soon!

Also, I’ve added two videos with mission reviews by Red Kite and Spudknocker!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

3 hours ago, baltic_dragon said:

It does not matter that much. I think it still is better to fly the original R1 (and read the book) and then move to the prequel.

Excellent! I'll start the original soon, then! Bought it a while ago but been saving it up--I've had super high expectations for it and wanted to savor it, but it looks like now'd be a good time.

Is it a next part of DCS: F/A-18C Raven One Сampaign? How is it timed (before / after the orginal one)?

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

8 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Is it a next part of DCS: F/A-18C Raven One Сampaign? How is it timed (before / after the orginal one)?

Yes. In this campaign Wilson is retired and struggles with a difficult home life as he reflects on his wartime experience. Not able to fully articulate his mental struggles to his wife and children, he finds himself more and more alone. While he often self-medicates with alcohol and pain killers, his one solace is the counselor that a former wingman recommended. In this sequel to the acclaimed campaign for DCS, you play retired Luitenant Wilson in a dialog-based adventure as he converses with his therapist and comes to terms with a difficult past and present.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

Hello,

Bought the mission but am a bit at a loss of how to follow it really. I wait for the yellow jackets on mission 1 to tell me to move, but where is the wingman? And do I follow the waypoints once airbourne, or what do I do? I read the very chunky mission briefing, but was wondering if something more succinct could be added - say five lines of what you need to do for the mission? The detail in the briefing is great, but hard to follow once in the jet...

Edited by C3PO

Now: Water-cooled Ryzen 5800X + 32GB DDR 4 3200 RAM + EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra 24 GB + Reverb G2 + Add-on PCI-e 3.1 card + 2x1TB Corsair M.2 4900/4200 + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM TPR Pendular Rudder  'Engaged Defensive' YouTube Channel

Modules: F/A-18C / AV-8B / F-16 / F-15E / F-4E (when it lands) / Persian Gulf / Syria / Nevada / Sinai / South Atlantic

Backup: Water-cooled i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz + 32GB DDR4 3200MHz + GTX 1080 8GB + 1TB M.2 1k drive & 250GB SSD drive 500MBps 4K 40" monitor + TrackIR 5

OFFICIAL TRAILER

plus the quick guide on how not to get lost:

2 hours ago, C3PO said:

Hello,

Bought the mission but am a bit at a loss of how to follow it really. I wait for the yellow jackets on mission 1 to tell me to move, but where is the wingman? And do I follow the waypoints once airbourne, or what do I do? I read the very chunky mission briefing, but was wondering if something more succinct could be added - say five lines of what you need to do for the mission? The detail in the briefing is great, but hard to follow once in the jet...

This is a complaint I am going to get a lot. I've tried to add a synopsis, but for these missions it is really to make a good one, so I let it go. You have all the data in the briefing and in the kneeboard - I know the briefings are difficult, but this is how they sound in real life and we've decided to go full on realism (of course within boundaries of DCS and missions still being fun). 
In the post above there is a quick guide video, make sure to watch it and also read the READ ME file included in the campaign files. 

Also: this campaign is difficult not because it throws a lot of enemies at you, but because it follows the real life procedures and comms and you likely will be behind the jet often (I was many times, but with each re-fly of the mission I felt better and that is a great way to truly master the Hornet - although it requires quite a lot of patience). 

Now to answer your particular question: as FLIP (the main character) you are the wingman here (as you can read from the briefing and from the kneeboard). Then the briefing says to RDV with your flight lead at WP 1 - and after you do and provided you are on correct frequency (there will be pop-up messages to make sure you are), you are to perform an intercept that is also described in detail in the briefing and in the kneeboard with diagrams. After that just follow the FL 🙂

• Thanks 1
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Thanks, will do that … I flew the mission again a couple of hours ago and found the FL, that is at least promising!

I think the campaign exposes what I don’t know about the Hornet, which is more than I though! 😂

Appreciate the reply.

Just found the docs! No wonder I was a bit all at sea...

Edited by C3PO

4 hours ago, Steel Jaw said:

How are the VR FPS?

A bit choppy on the deck in Mission 1 with the rain falling, but once through the rain the FPS are great.

BTW, WHY does rain impact FPS so much generally in DCS? 

Edited by C3PO
  • Thanks 1

Can you try some cooperation with the DCS Sinicization Team? There are quite a few people in the Chinese player community who are interested in this campaign, but did not buy it due to language reasons and the technical terms in this campaign