VKB gladiator - encoder wheels

You could map the encoders to a virtual axis. This would be done in the VKB software or conceivably with some third party tool like joystick gremlin. The encoders would then work as a relative axis.

Even then, unfortunately they would be a bit finicky (speaking from experience). The result is somewhat functional, but usually more hassle than it's worth.

The real trick to using them well is to bind the in-game functions to an absolute axis (at least for the range axis) to replicate how they were used in real life (by twisting the throttle grip) to quickly and accurately adjust the reticle to match the bandit's wingspan.

Edited by kablamoman

20 hours ago, kablamoman said:

...The real trick to using them well is to bind the in-game functions to an absolute axis (at least for the range axis) to replicate how they were used in real life (by twisting the throttle grip) to quickly and accurately adjust the reticle to match the bandit's wingspan.

Agree. I've bound the Range axis to the left throttle lever on my Warthog throttle. Works very well.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5