Smart AWACS

Raviar

I do expect ED can do way better job on AWACS call and bandit calls,
i do expect to get something like https://gitlab.com/overlordbot/srs-bot out of the box, however lets reduce expectation way lower than this
at least AWACS should be a little more smart enough to give BRAA to closest bandits and be able to priories the bandits base on Range, closure rate and aspect, When I am going to get merge with hostile in transonic at 10 nmi, maybe I dont expect AWACS ignore that and give me info about enemy AWACS orbiting at angles 30 with distancer of 80nmi ! 

• Like 5

Yes, this is a needed improvement. In the long term, AWACS needs a complete overhaul. Multiple radio channels, ability to tailor callouts on a per flight basis based on the mission of a given flight that AWACS is talking to, some ability to command and control units and direct them to high value targets, etc.

In the short term, something to filter out less useful calls as suggested would stand to make AWACS more useable. As it is right now the only truly useful part is the datalink, and only if your aircraft can display AWACS data.

• Like 4

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files