Red Army, Air Force and Navy Assets

upyr1

6i3xm46i3xm4.jpg

We have the I-16 so early war assets would be great for that, then late war assets would be awesome too.

The I-16 is just sitting there by itself but IMHO there is less of an excuse for not having the late war.

We have the MiG-15, F-86, F-51, and the F4U is on the way right now we have a lot of blue assets from the World War II asset pack that served in Korea too but nothing for the Red. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Aernov said:

We can start with most used Lend-lease vehicles like P-39, Hurricane and P-40 (those will (kind of) fit not only Eastern front but Europe and Pacific too) and liveries for Shermans, M3A1 etc.

That won't solve the problem there aren't Red assets that would for the early 1950s 

Magdeburg-Berlin-Seelow area map and lend-leased vehicles would be the compromise variant, appropriate for both European fronts. Purely Eastern front stuff probably won't come to DCS in our lifetime in the near future, at least from ED themselves. And late war vehicles can be used in post-WW2 scenarios too, anything that didn't participate in the war won't fit the scope of WW2 assets pack.

Imagine the framerate above Berlin though...

Edited by Aernov

9 hours ago, Tree_Beard said:

I agree, but it would also be pointless to add soviet assets without an eastern front or germany map, in my opinion. 

A World War II Caucuses map or A Krusk map would be nice, Also I think a WWII / Early cold war Germany map would be awesome as well. No matter how long it takes for us to get the map, we still have the modules which will benifit from them. The I-16, MiG-15 and F-86 would benefit the most followed by the Me-109, FW-190A and D then lastly the F-51. I figure the focus should be assets that were used in the late war and Korea 

8 hours ago, Aernov said:

Magdeburg-Berlin-Seelow area map and lend-leased vehicles would be the compromise variant, appropriate for both European fronts. Purely Eastern front stuff probably won't come to DCS in our lifetime in the near future, at least from ED themselves. And late war vehicles can be used in post-WW2 scenarios too, anything that didn't participate in the war won't fit the scope of WW2 assets pack.

Imagine the framerate above Berlin though...

I'm mainly asking for late war assets that could also be used in a Korean war or early cold war goes hot scenario. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I honestly think it's OctopusG's job to add soviet assets. They are the ones insisting on making soviet aircrafts.

Western front ww2 is still missing a lot of stuff and now the Pacific is also on the table. ED doesn't need to be spread even thinner.

So OctopusG can make ww2 soviet assets. It would probably make it more likely that people would buy their planes 

• Like 2

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

• 2 months later...
On 3/5/2023 at 9:04 AM, Gunfreak said:

I honestly think it's OctopusG's job to add soviet assets. They are the ones insisting on making soviet aircrafts.

Western front ww2 is still missing a lot of stuff and now the Pacific is also on the table. ED doesn't need to be spread even thinner.

So OctopusG can make ww2 soviet assets. It would probably make it more likely that people would buy their planes 

I'm asking them for that, as well as more modules. 

• Like 1

On 3/4/2023 at 1:33 PM, FlankerKiller said:

And ground units. With late war Soviet tanks we are well on our way to DCS Korea. Not to mention with the LA-7 we can create some of the combat in the eastern front. 

It is important not to forget the I-16, which is the reason for the Stalingrad thread.  The I-16 is early war so they were leaving service and the mid/late war assets that would serve along side the La-7 and MiG-15 would be getting phased in 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Yeah, I´ve been flying the F-86 recently and love it. Building missions for it is kind of difficult without fitting assets.
I would love to have like a T-34, AAA, artillery pieces like a Katyusha or something... maybe some bomber aircraft...

• Like 1