Orion 2 throttle lights do not turn off when shutting down computer

Kempleja

Orion 2 throttle lights do not turn off when shutting down computer. Any idea how to handle this issue, without disabling USB port or unplugging the device? I have also tried switching devices to different ports (VKB, Logitech, Saitek), but no matter which USB socket I use, Orion lights stay on and other devices shut down, when I turn off computer.

Do you have it plugged into a powered hub or into the motherboard?

If it's a powered hub it'll stay on because the hub is powered.  If it's the PC, the lights will turn off when the PC does.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

6 minutes ago, RogueSqdn said:

Do you have it plugged into a powered hub or into the motherboard?

If it's a powered hub it'll stay on because the hub is powered.  If it's the PC, the lights will turn off when the PC does.

It is plugged directly into motherboard, but the lights do not turn off when I turn off my PC. Also, all the USB hubs have this power setting:

image.png

Edited by Kempleja

Allowing sleep of USB ports has nothing to do with lights staying on when computer is powered down. 

Some motherboards have options in BIOS for behaviour of USB devices with LED lights. My Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite for instance has it under:

bios/settings/Miscellaneous

LED's in Sleep, Hibernation & Soft Off states 

You can also try to enable ErP:

ErP is the short form of “Energy-related Products.” 

In BIOS, ErP is a special feature. It prevents the computer from draining energy by shutting down all the energy-related devices.

But it is bugged for a long time now, no matter what setting it is, my mouse and other attached devices with lights remain powered on on my computer. 

Edited by Bwaze

Hello @Kempleja this sounds like Fast Boot settings. Try the tip 2 below.

1 - Go to Control Panel > Power Options > Change Settings Scheme > Change Advanced Power Settings > USB Settings > and deactivate Selective Suspension;

2 - Go to Control Panel > Power Options > Choose What Power Buttons Do > Activate Settings Currentlly Unavailable > scroll down to Shutdown Settings > disable Activate Fast Start

I agree this is not device issue. Fast Boot uses hibernation. When a shutdown is done with it enabled, the computer does not fully shutdown.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

Thanks for suggestions, @Bwaze and @silverdevil, you are definitely pointing to the right direction that it is not entirely device issue, as I tested my throttle on laptop and there it shut down properly, when I shut down computer. On my main PC the issue is still there, however, and the suggested solutions did not work, as my BIOS does not have LED or ErP related settings and also in the Control Panel Power Options there is no "Activate Fast Start" option to disable. 

It is weird that this issue is present only with this Winwing throttle on my main PC. VKB stick, Saitek pedals and old X52 and Logitech keyboard and mouse all have leds and they all turn off when I shut down my computer. And as I said, I have switched these devices around also and Orion throttle stays lit, no matter to which USB port it is connected to and all other devices go dark with shut down, no matter to which USB port they are connected to.

Doing more trouble shooting, ran into another weird thing related to this device. The USB port where Winwing Orion 2 is connected to has "Disable Device" greyed out. All other devices I could disable from Device Manager, but not this one. Anybody else has that?

image.png

The above will do nothing. You need to change the settings In simappro and have it running in the background!

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

And one more update about this issue getting partly solved.

I ran firmware update through SimAppPro, even if it already appeared up to date, and now the backlights go dark, when I shut down computer, but the System Status Indicator keeps blinking.

6 minutes ago, MustangSally said:

You need to change the settings In simappro and have it running in the background!

You mean select the option in "Run when windows start"? That's the only setting I find in SimAppPro related to that. Default is "true".

1 hour ago, Kempleja said:

also in the Control Panel Power Options there is no "Activate Fast Start" option to disable. 

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-windows-10-fast-startup

Try this link to get to Fast Boot.

• Thanks 1

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

9 hours ago, Kempleja said:

And one more update about this issue getting partly solved.

I ran firmware update through SimAppPro, even if it already appeared up to date, and now the backlights go dark, when I shut down computer, but the System Status Indicator keeps blinking.

You mean select the option in "Run when windows start"? That's the only setting I find in SimAppPro related to that. Default is "true".

No, run up simappro and click on a device. You'll find that there is a click able button beside the LEDs, click on it and set to sync with dcs. You nust have simapro running g in the background. Run up DCS, jump in the Hornet, start up and you should no be able to turn your console lights on or off

36 minutes ago, MustangSally said:

No, run up simappro and click on a device. You'll find that there is a click able button beside the LEDs, click on it and set to sync with dcs. You nust have simapro running g in the background. Run up DCS, jump in the Hornet, start up and you should no be able to turn your console lights on or off

Ok, yes, that part was working from the beginning, with A/A, A/G and other lights being synchronized to DCS in-game lights. The issue was, if I shut down PC entirely the lights stayed on. I could of course dim these lights entirely by taking led slider in SimAppPro to zero, but now there is no need for that as the backlights go dark during shutdown, only the blinking light stays on.

You have to shut the aircraft down and turn the lights off in the aircraft ..then exit dcs

• 7 months later...