G limit Override

IvanK

4 hours ago, IvanK said:

The docs say that the AP ON/OFF switch can be used to override the elastic stop. Does this actually work ... it doesn't for me.

Double check you're getting the full travel in your pitch axis, if you don't pull it to 100% while holding the button, it doesn't actually activate the override.

Edited by kablamoman
  • Like 1

Never used that option on Mirage, but I will 🙂 

Do you also have to switch a Fly By Wire Gain Mode switch in order to use the Fly By Wire G limiter switch?

Problem in Mirage and using fly by wire system in a dogfight, were you are limited to 6,5G (I think) and this option can come in handy.

3 hours ago, skywalker22 said:

Never used that option on Mirage, but I will 🙂 

Do you also have to switch a Fly By Wire Gain Mode switch in order to use the Fly By Wire G limiter switch?

Problem in Mirage and using fly by wire system in a dogfight, were you are limited to 6,5G (I think) and this option can come in handy.

The 6.5G limit is for charge FBW mode, only to be used when you are loaded with wing tanks, bombs or a non-empty center line tank.

In AA mode, you get 9G and you can then override this limit it with the override elastic stop command to get 11G.

My dude has some RTFM to do 🙂

• Like 1

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

21 hours ago, skywalker22 said:

If you use the AP disconnect/override elastic stop bind while in Charges mode, it'll up your pull limit to 9g, and you'll probably tear off any ordnance and/or tanks you have attached if you do so. Has the same effect as flipping the mode switch to A/A.

If you use it in A/A mode the pull limit goes all the way up to 11:

Spinal_Tap_-_Up_to_Eleven.jpg

However, the proper way to operate would be to keep it in Charges mode until your ordnance and/or wing tanks have been released and/or your belly tank is dry. Then flip the mode switch to A/A.

Ignore the FBW gain switch, it shouldn't be used unless your air data computer gets damaged and is not sending proper information to the FBW system (the switch's intended purpose is to serve as a way to select a failure mode where the FBW system doesn't use ADC data).

Edited by kablamoman
  • Like 5