HSD SPI Symbol Missing When a Sensor is Not SOI

Hobel

As far as the AGM88 is selected in the F16, the  HSD crosshairs no longer follow the TGP,

But if I lock a target on the HST side and then move the TGP, the crosshairs move again with it.

Starting at 1:20 you can see me create an area for the TGP and HSD crosshairs to focus on.

But this happened unintentionally and to repeat this I manage rather accidentally despite the same procedure

is this an intended behavior?

AGM88 HSD.trk

Edited by Hobel

Because your sensor point of interest is steerpoint 01, and HTS defaults to EOM, which is using a predefined location in other words your selected, steerpoint. But when you designated a sam on the HAD page, it will make that your SPI, and it will slew the tgp to that point where it think it is. Than the crosshair should move as well on the HSD.

TGP markpoints gonna be your best friend here. When you the see sam site, thru tgp, go point track, icp7, tms up etc etc. Make that your spi, handoff sam to harm and magnum.

- if you would have some other types, like bombs selected it will work as you have described it, including the ag radar.

Edited by TEOMOOSE

vor 2 Stunden schrieb TEOMOOSE:

Because your sensor point of interest is steerpoint 01, and HTS defaults to EOM, which is using a predefined location in other words your selected, steerpoint. But when you designated a sam on the HAD page, it will make that your SPI, and it will slew the tgp to that point where it think it is. Than the crosshair should move as well on the HSD.

And why is this also the case when the Harm is off or the HAS page is selected? And the TGP is also my SOI?

Look at the video, from 1:20 I create a point of interest how did I do that exactly I always succeeds more by random

vor 2 Stunden schrieb TEOMOOSE:

TGP markpoints gonna be your best friend here. When you the see sam site, thru tgp, go point track, icp7, tms up etc etc. Make that your spi, handoff sam to harm and magnum.

that's the problem, when I want to find a sam in which I slewe to her I can't take the HSD page as usual for orientation because the crosshair doesn't move anymore

And why does it work in the AG radar but no longer with the TGP do not both have the same preority?

thx

Edited by Hobel

Because your sensor point of interest is steerpoint 01, and the HTS is defaults to EOM, which needs a steerpoint to navigate to. Therefore, you may target sams, relying the HTS only, or use HTS, and fine tune it with the tgp. When you hav tgp over the target, create a TGP markpoint, from that point forward you no longer need to use the HTS because now you the markpoint as the SPI.

vor 9 Minuten schrieb TEOMOOSE:

Because your sensor point of interest is steerpoint 01, and the HTS is defaults to EOM, which needs a steerpoint to navigate to. Therefore, you may target sams, relying the HTS only, or use HTS, and fine tune it with the tgp. When you hav tgp over the target, create a TGP markpoint, from that point forward you no longer need to use the HTS because now you the markpoint as the SPI.

but why do I not need a steerpoint with the AG radar?
I can give the AGM88 a new approach point via the AG radar.

why SOI differ between AG radar and TGP and that only for AGM88?

Hows the AG radar relevant in this conversation, i used that as an example to your question, saying, if you would use other ammunitions like bombs than you would see the crosshair because you are in A, CCRP, B, DTOS, either way you have the target Designator Box on the HUD which correlates to the tgp, and that gives the targeting solutions.

When you using the HARm with the HTS pod, and you did not hand off a target to your harm to target, than it has no sensor point of interest to give a targeting solutions which you would see on the hud, like min and mx lofting cues etc.

Edited by TEOMOOSE

Well, I can move the HSD crosshairs with the AG radar as well as the AGM88 can give a new approach point.

With all other weapons, however, the procedure works with both TGP and AG radar. why is the TGP with the AGM88 then an exception?

Yes and how do I create this random SOI as you see in the video on which I could have shot with the AGM88?

This contradicts with what you said.

Edited by Hobel

• ED Team

Hi, 

as far as I am aware this is correct as is, if you have information that it should be different please PM me. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

9 minutes ago, Hobel said:

why is the TGP with the AGM88 then an exception?

Becasue the TGP and the harm dosent communicate with each other. Thats the HTS - HArm Targeting Sensor pod job to communicate with the harm missile and that is why its able hand off target to it.

Edited by TEOMOOSE

vor 3 Minuten schrieb TEOMOOSE:

Becasue the TGP and the harm dosent communicate with each other. Thats the HTS pod job to communicate with the harm missile and that is why its able hand off target to it.

yes and why can the AG radar communicate with the Harm?

vor 13 Stunden schrieb TEOMOOSE:

it dosen`t.

Yes that is correct my mistake.  

However, this still does not explain why I can move the cross in the AR radar and no longer with the tgp.

what is the difference Between TGP and AG-Radar SOI?

Edited by Hobel

On 5/16/2022 at 3:55 AM, Hobel said:

Yes that is correct my mistake.  

However, this still does not explain why I can move the cross in the AR radar and no longer with the tgp.

what is the difference Between TGP and AG-Radar SOI?

It doesn’t explain it.  In the 16C M4.3+ spi is a spi is a spi and all relying on the ins and mc

the AG radar and TGP share spi and should be synced together when utilizing either one as SOI 

• Thanks 1

vor 37 Minuten schrieb Shrike88:

It doesn’t explain it.  In the 16C M4.3+ spi is a spi is a spi and all relying on the ins and mc

the AG radar and TGP share spi and should be synced together when utilizing either one as SOI 

And that's actually how it's described in dcs f16 own manual, thank you.

Edited by Hobel

14 hours ago, Hobel said:

And that's actually how it's described in dcs f16 own manual, thank you.

Yes sir

5 hours ago, jazjar said:

This may be related to the thread about TGP moving SPI but SPI not moving TGP.  Answer there was SPI is still work in progress, probably affects this too.

Correct I was told SPI is currently WIP officially. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

The open beta released on 28th April lists this as a fix:

• Fixed: White cross on HSD when using AG mode is missing

However it is not fixed, this bug report still applies, everything is unchanged:

I didn't attach any files or screenshots as it is exactly the same.

May I ask you to follow up what has actually been fixed?

Edited by Weidlich
  • Like 1

• ED Team
7 hours ago, Weidlich said:

Hi!

The open beta released on 28th April lists this as a fix:

• Fixed: White cross on HSD when using AG mode is missing

However it is not fixed, this bug report still applies, everything is unchanged:

I didn't attach any files or screenshots as it is exactly the same.

May I ask you to follow up what has actually been fixed?

Include a short track replay example

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• BIGNEWY changed the title to White cross on HSD when using AG mode is missing - not fixed

After playing with the displays I found out what is different from before it got broken/fixed:

The cross will be displayed in AG mode, but only if you have the TGP active on one screen and the HSD active on the other screen.
In this combination it doesn't matter wether if the TGP or HUD is the SOI, the cross will be displayed and moves when you move around.
However as soon as you deselect the TGP on the one screen the cross will disappear on the HSD.

Before it got broken the cross was always displayed on the HSD independent from the TGP and always showed the position where your SOI is looking at on the ground.

I hope the track and the description is clear enough.
Maybe the implemented fix is not perfect or the logic before was better than the original one on the plane.

My standard display setup is alternating HSD/TGP on the left and the WPN on the right.
So looking for GND targets premarked on the HSD I was able to slew over the target with the HUD and had the cross on the HSD as my reference. Then I could switch to TGP display and fine tune to fire the Maverick.
This way of deploying my weapon doesn't work because the TGP display is missing.

Kind regards

dcs.log Position cross error.trk

Edited by Weidlich

• BIGNEWY changed the title to White cross on HSD when using AG mode is missing