Stupid Licensing Question

Raisuli

Can I run DCS on two machines as long as it only runs on one at a time?

I have a machine on which I play DCS.  It's very nice, and has a pretty insane amount of money wired up to it in the form of sticks and pedals and...you guys get it.  Most expensive free game in history.

I have another machine I use to program stuff that ends up (eventually) being used on the DCS machine.  Teensy/Arduino, DCS Bios, etc, etc.  I'd love to have DCS on the code machine to test, but the base DCS install doesn't have the modules I program for.

So what's the rule about doing a base install and then add a couple paid modules that will only actually fly on the game machine?  At most I can see sitting on the ground idling while playing with controls, because there's no stick on the programming machine.

Just now, Raisuli said:

Can I run DCS on two machines as long as it only runs on one at a time?

Yes, it's just like with Steam.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

11 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Yes, it's just like with Steam.

Thank you, sir!

79 modules available.  Sheesh.  Who said this was free?  With all the new stuff coming out it's just going to get worse...

Edited by Raisuli
Speiling. It's impotent.

9 minutes ago, Raisuli said:

Speiling. It's impotent.

LLO!! I agreed on cost of DCS. Over the years I have spent well over $15k in computers, modules, and controllers.  Is a bad girlfriend who is so beautiful I cannot let her go.

• Like 1

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

23 minutes ago, Raisuli said:

Who said this was free?

There is nothing free on this materialistic world, my house wasnt free, my car wasnt free either, my computer was not gifted to me, I had to pay for it, my cell phone isnt free either, netflix isnt free, and so on. By now, I'm used that I have to purchase everything worth having. 🙂

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

49 minutes ago, Raisuli said:

Thank you, sir!

79 modules available.  Sheesh.  Who said this was free?  With all the new stuff coming out it's just going to get worse...

Remember that they let you try out each plane or map for two weeks at a time, which is amazing. Find one or two that you really like and spend time learning it. Then the cost per hour is really not too bad.

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

• 4 weeks later...

Stupid Licensing Question Part II:

Every once in a while it tells me someone else has logged into my account and boots me out the door.  My gut is it does this when my IP changes, because the only other machine I could log in with is shut down.

Does the IP switch annoy the licensing $dieties and do I need to worry about BigNewy showing up in the middle of the night to claw my face off?