Conflict between V3 motion Platform and newly purchased Win wings Orion 2 HOTAS

Hi there,

I'm looking for help or suggestions from the brains trust that is the DCS forum.

I've just got an Orion 2 HOTAS which has been hotly anticipated, after installing everything, to my horror,  my VR was horrible and glitchy, but the V3 worked. After some head scratching I think it had something to do with a conflict between LUA files in Simapp Pro (Orion 2 software) and the V 3motion platform.  When I repair the LUA files in Simapp Pro the VR works fine but then.... no motion platform!

Then after checking the V3,  the UI says its missing LUA files and needs to install them. When I do this the  motion platform works but the VR is back to unplayable rubbish again......... and around and around I go.......!!!!!

If anyone has encountered problem this or has more computer skills than me (it wouldn't be hard) I'd love to know if there is a solution to this merry go round that I'm stuck on.

PS; all my Racing Sims still play nicely in VR and motion, so its got to be something Win Wing Orion 2 or SimmApp Pro .....

I also tried deleting SimmApp Pro to use without  but this made no difference, the problem persisted.

Thanks in anticipation and Cheers, PMac

DCS Steam open beta version

VR : Reverb G2 

RTX 3070

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

Next Level Racing V3 Motion Platform

Edited 6 minutes ago by PMac
adding extra information

• 3 weeks later...

Is your Motherboard a X570 x Gaming? Old or newer? Firmware up to date? If it is a X570 x Gaming, most of my issues from Joystick issues came because of this Motherboards USB ports. I had to install a internal PCIE USB port Controller to solve my conflicts. But I don't think this is a issue for you after all this time. Best of luck to you. Also make sure your Power Supply is not under powered with the new gear added. I run a 1000 Watt with a  AMD 6900xt red devil Virpil Stick Virpil Button1 Thrustmaster Throttle MFG Crosswind Rudders are on the way to replace my Logitech G Flight rudder pedals.