FA-18C HARM - SP mode priority over TOO?

Jenson

Hi guys, 

Recently I was retraining the hornet HARM, under TOO mode, when my own aircraft is locked by a radar, the HARM mode was automatically switched to SP mode, I tried to push button beside TOO, but it jumps to SP mode very quickly.

Just wonder if this is normal or a bug? As I don't think it used to work before. If this is normal, what if I don't want to attack another radar emitter other than the one that locked me. 

Thanks. 

• PC Specs: Intel i7 9700, Nvidia RTX 2080S, Corsair 64G DDR4, MSI B360M Mortar Titanium, Intel 760P M.2 256GB SSD + Samsung 1TB SSD, Corsair RM650x
  • Flight Gears: Logitech X56 HOTAS & Flight Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2
  • Modules: F-14A/B, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C I/II, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Project: Operation Hormuz [F/A-18C Multiplayer Campaign]

Hard to say without a track.

Check if the HRM OVRD (HARM Override) option is selected on the bottom right. If HRM OVRD is deselected (unboxed), the missile should automatically enter the Pullback (PLBK) condition when the aircraft is tracked by a surface tracking radar and cue a HARM in SP mode against the threat. With HRM OVRD enabled (boxed) the pilot should have direct control of the HARM's operating mode.

The only exception is A/A master mode, in which HRM OVRD is forced unboxed.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

1 hour ago, Tholozor said:

Hard to say without a track.

Check if the HRM OVRD (HARM Override) option is selected on the bottom right. If HRM OVRD is deselected (unboxed), the missile should automatically enter the Pullback (PLBK) condition when the aircraft is tracked by a surface tracking radar and cue a HARM in SP mode against the threat. With HRM OVRD enabled (boxed) the pilot should have direct control of the HARM's operating mode.

The only exception is A/A master mode, in which HRM OVRD is forced unboxed.

here comes the track. 

As you can see, I did three attempts to switch back to TOO when I was locked by the SA-8, yet every time it automatically switched back to SP mode. 

Strangely, this bug randomly happens, sometimes it was normal but sometimes it auto switch to SP mode. 

HARM auto switch to SP mode bug report.trk

• PC Specs: Intel i7 9700, Nvidia RTX 2080S, Corsair 64G DDR4, MSI B360M Mortar Titanium, Intel 760P M.2 256GB SSD + Samsung 1TB SSD, Corsair RM650x
  • Modules: F-14A/B, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C I/II, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

After another test, I found the issue.

1) if you select (box) AGM-88 in the weapon STORE page, it will enter HARM mode, and everything will work (TOO, PB, SP all works), meanwhile the HARM on the top left corner is boxed. 

2) if you didn't select AMG-88 but go directly to HRM DISPLAY page, the HARM on the top left corner isn't boxed, and TOO & PB mode won't work, only SP will work when aircraft is locked. 

After another test, I found the issue.
1) if you select (box) AGM-88 in the weapon STORE page, it will enter HARM mode, and everything will work (TOO, PB, SP all works), meanwhile the HARM on the top left corner is boxed. 
2) if you didn't select AMG-88 but go directly to HRM DISPLAY page, the HARM on the top left corner isn't boxed, and TOO & PB mode won't work, only SP will work when aircraft is locked. 
That sounds reasonable. You need to actively select a weapon for it to be available for firing. So if the HARM isn't boxed, the only mode that should work is SP in Pullback mode, which activates when you're being locked by a surface threat.
  • Like 2

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2022 at 4:34 PM, Harker said:

So if the HARM isn't boxed, the only mode that should work is SP in Pullback mode, which activates when you're being locked by a surface threat.

Would I be able to squeeze off a HARM when in HARM PLBK in AA Master Mode by pressing the pickle button, then?

I guess that's kind of the whole idea behind it. 🤔

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!