2022 Summer update

Hiromachi

Dear Pilots
the long awaited news update from our company is now live. It covers a wide range of topics starting with the F4U-1D Corsair, assets, F-8J Crusader pilot and many other things!

We hope you will enjoy it 🙂 

https://leatherneck-sim.com/2022/06/01/2022-summer-update/

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Thanks for the heads up!! So nice to see a sum up of all the stuff we've seen this months before plus some news. Specially interesting the, according to some forum users, "inexistent" Japanese ground assets :biggrin:.

Really cool stuff you guys carrying out, keep the good work on and we'll be eagerly awaiting for the release :thumbup:.

• Like 3

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

• ED Team
16 minutes ago, XCNuse said:

Another year......

Another Mig21 redo???????

When can we expect the CEii to get literally any attention your buyers have asked for.

Who on earth is asking for the Mig21 to be redone... AGAIN!?

Anyone who actually flies the MiG-21 and sees the state it is in. It was never "redone". It shouldn't be weird that more people are going to be passionate about a combat aircraft than an aerobatic aircraft in a combat flight sim.

Edited by m4ti140
  • Like 14

Thx for the update. Nice to see more assets that I suppose!

• Like 3

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

2 hours ago, XCNuse said:

Another year......

When can we expect the CEii to get literally any attention your buyers have asked for.

"Another"?? What "another"? When have they redone the whole aircraft? I'm not saying CEII wouldn't need some love (according to your words, I don't own it), but, I don't know about you, I bought the MiG-21 in 2014 and it's been there since then with few changes aside from adapting to new patches/cores/features/game engines. Let them do what they have said so many times they would. Some newer modules than -21 have enjoyed that kind of overhauls, it's about time for the 21 to get that love she truly deserves.

• Like 10

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

Fantastic update overall. All modules look impresive. The datails of Corsair's canvas, elastic hoses, flaps actuators etc. are crazy. Cockpit lighting presentation also.

Vietnam era late 1960s US Navy pilot, finally something like that in DCS! Can't wait for this bird. Together with RAZBAM MiG-19S variant and RedStar MiG-17F, the F-8J Crusader will be the first truly Vietnam war aircraft in DCS.

MiG-21 overhaul is very promising as well considering some systems have room for improvement after 8 years.

Thanks for the update!

• Like 3

❤️ MiG-21Bis ❤️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

4 hours ago, Ala13_ManOWar said:

"Another"?? What "another"? When have they redone the whole aircraft? I'm not saying CEII wouldn't need some love (according to your words, I don't own it), but, I don't know about you, I bought the MiG-21 in 2014 and it's been there since then with few changes aside from adapting to new patches/cores/features/game engines. Let them do what they have said so many times they would. Some newer modules than -21 have enjoyed that kind of overhauls, it's about time for the 21 to get that love she truly deserves.

They showed off scans of the cockpit and exterior; so I'm of course referring to the mention of redoing the model.

Which no, I haven't been around since 2014, but I must be the crazy one for forgetting it had a major rebuild in 2019 and more stuff again in 2020.

And despite Leatherneck stating they had a "professional record the sounds of a CEii" the thing doesn't even have doppler sounds in DCS, and can be heard from miles and miles away, and still sounds like a 2 stroke engine.... which can be heard over the sound of something like an F14B's engines....

10 hours ago, Cab said:

Crusader = Backburner

NOOOOOO!!!! :cry:

"Crusader" is a nice plane, fighter jet. "Corsair II" with afterburner, it was very important plane in Vietnam war, but I guess you don't have to worry 😉, it will be long way, maybe 2024-25.

Personally Id like to see A6M "Zero" too (playable) if we will have F4U-1D it's a pity it won't be a new project in progress.

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 2

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thank you very much for this news and for your hard work. Honestly can't wait to fly the F4U-1D Corsair, I'm really getting impatient. And what about the MiG-21 overhaul. Your MiG-21 has given me tons of hours of fun. Thanks again.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, XCNuse said:

They showed off scans of the cockpit and exterior; so I'm of course referring to the mention of redoing the model.

Which no, I haven't been around since 2014, but I must be the crazy one for forgetting it had a major rebuild in 2019 and more stuff again in 2020.

And despite Leatherneck stating they had a "professional record the sounds of a CEii" the thing doesn't even have doppler sounds in DCS, and can be heard from miles and miles away, and still sounds like a 2 stroke engine.... which can be heard over the sound of something like an F14B's engines....

I know that happened, but a few new textures aren't a "rebuild" of the model, some things have to be done in order to keep the module in working condition and so they did, but real major changes? Never happened. Remember it's been a hard to move module since release, very detailed for the time it was released, the most detailed at the moment indeed, but it wasn't optimized and we can only move it now with today's much more powerful PCs than what were available back in time. A real major rebuild and optimization is really welcome. If you've been awaiting a couple years for that with CEII, we've been awaiting for it in MiG-21 since 2014 mate 🤣 . I don't blame them, they're a really small team and many things happened in this while including Heatblur's split from the team, and what not. But whatever the reasons the -21 deserves some love and updating to current modules' standards. CEII might need some bug and features work, this module needs a whole rebuild since it carries out so many things from the past including it's beginnings as a mod with a different team and lead. I'm just remembering that for the record, I'm not willing to take your CEII updates out like that were up to me or something :thumbup:.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, YoYo said:

"Crusader" is a nice plane, fighter jet. "Corsair II" with afterburner, it was very important plane in Vietnam war, but I guess you don't have to worry 😉, it will be long way, maybe 2024-25.

Personally Id like to see A6M "Zero" too (playable) if we will have F4U-1D it's a pity it won't be a new project in progress.

:crash:

18 hours ago, m4ti140 said:

Anyone who actually flies the MiG-21 and sees the state it is in. It was never "redone". It shouldn't be weird that more people are going to be passionate about a combat aircraft than an aerobatic aircraft in a combat flight sim.

I fly the MiG-21bis all the time. There's nothing wrong with it at least that I can see. No idea why they are redoing the MiG-21.

Great update! Thanks a lot!  :thumbup:

That sounds like there is hope, that the unrealistic functions of the MiG-21bis (CCIP pipper!!) might get fixed eventually :worthy:

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

2 hours ago, IcedVenom said:

I fly the MiG-21bis all the time. There's nothing wrong with it at least that I can see. No idea why they are redoing the MiG-21.

Visuals still do the job, but systems modelling is a bit of a mess (if you're into accuracy and realism that is). Understandable, however, given module's age and origins, as explained above. Whatever the planned redo comprises, It's nice to see this product still actively supported.

I like what I see about F4U. Still quite a lot to do it seems, but the project is clearly more ambitious than it was in 2019 and I think it might raise the bar even compared to ED products, just like Heatblur's Tomcat did.

Edited by Art-J
  • Like 3

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I think it goes without saying that before making a purchase, most are likely to consider things like quality, attention to detail, available features, and customer support as a way of comparing competing products. In case anyone here was still wondering...

M3 LLC = "In recent months we have expanded our library, which now comprises twice as many manuals and technical documents as it originally did.  This will allow us to simulate some of the systems in a manner not possible at a time the module was released.

Furthermore, our head of the research department has taken a few trips to the museums in Poland and Germany to gather a large collection of pictures of the MiG-21s, with an intention to use them for recreation of the 3d model and textures through photogrammetry.  There is no question, that in order to provide the best visual quality, we need to take advantage of all newest technologies.  This technologies in turn give us an opportunity to turn things that were previously impossible, into a reality." = M3 LLC

Enough said!

• Like 1

On 6/1/2022 at 3:52 PM, XCNuse said:

Another year......

I get your request in support of the CEII, and have to say I agree because I think the CEII is really underappreciated. Even though DCS is a combat simulator doesn't mean everything has to go BOOM. The CEII is beautifully modeled and well worth the price considering the amount of fun it delivers on, and aside from its aerobatics role, it is also one of the best ways to explore map detail. Yes DCS is a combat simulator, but anyone really into the joy of flying will immediately notice the extra large portion the CEII serves up. And yes... Any and all improvements including sound detail to the CEII would be greatly appreciated by the community I am sure.

That being said, the Mig21 is an important cog in the wheel here, and all one has to do is read this forum to get a better appreciation for just how well the much anticipated updates will be received.

But I would even take this a step further and recommend anyone that hasn't already done so, should take the time to read and fully appreciate the summer update from Magnitude 3 LLC. It is obviously not just about the amount of work the very ambitious projects currently underway represent, it is about the level of quality and the attention to detail that is going into them.

Edited by Callsign112
  • Like 3