2022 Summer update

Hiromachi

On 6/2/2022 at 3:00 PM, IcedVenom said:

I fly the MiG-21bis all the time. There's nothing wrong with it at least that I can see. No idea why they are redoing the MiG-21.

Oh boy, well aren't you in for a treat 😉

rossmum and Frederf did 2 posts which combined look like they cover most of what's wrong with it - it's not exactly a short list.

Very pleased with what I'm seeing in this update! :thumbup:

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

29 minutes ago, Northstar98 said:

Oh boy, well aren't you in for a treat 😉

rossmum and Frederf did 2 posts which combined look like they cover most of what's wrong with it - it's not exactly a short list.

Very pleased with what I'm seeing in this update! :thumbup:

Well said and I have to agree.

But what doesn't shine through very well in @IcedVenom's post is that while there certainly are outstanding issues that have been discussed, the module as it stands today is very flyable and fun. If the desire is to learn how to fly and fight in a MiG 21, Magnitude 3 LLC has you covered. I think IcedVenom's post is proof of that.

For anyone new to DCS, or just simply hasn't considered the MiG 21 yet shouldn't put too much weight on the fact that there are outstanding issues IMO. There is no shortage of YouTube videos showing off player skill using the module, and clearly the updates/fixes are planned. 

When I first came to DCS, the desire was to find a WWII themed ground combat simulator, but what made me discover DCS Combined Arms in the first place was all the coverage being done on Heatblur and the amazing work they pulled off with their F-14 Tomcat. I had no idea at that time about all the history behind the two Developers that eventually emerged, but it appears to me having both the MiG 21 and CEII that both teams are clearly made from the same stuff.

5 hours ago, Callsign112 said:

But I would even take this a step further and recommend anyone that hasn't already done so, should take the time to read and fully appreciate the summer update from Magnitude 3 LLC. It is obviously not just about the amount of work the very ambitious projects currently underway represent, it is about the level of quality and the attention to detail that is going into them.

I will say, I'm a bit blown away by the fact that M3/LN is about to quite literally single handedly add an entire new theater to DCS, that is truly not something I was expecting. I was just thinking the Corsair and a carrier was coming and that was that.

It doesn't make complete sense to me due to the lack of support other than the coming Marianas WWII map, but I hope the efforts are worthwhile.

1 minute ago, XCNuse said:

I will say, I'm a bit blown away by the fact that M3/LN is about to quite literally single handedly add an entire new theater to DCS, that is truly not something I was expecting. I was just thinking the Corsair and a carrier was coming and that was that.

It doesn't make complete sense to me due to the lack of support other than the coming Marianas WWII map, but I hope the efforts are worthwhile.

Yeah  that will be pretty major in terms of DCS WWII, but if I am not mistaken I think ED has also announced assets for the coming Pacific Theater but don't have time to look for the past announcement at the moment. So hopefully M3 LLC is not alone in its efforts regarding assets/planned modules ect...

What I am hoping we see more of is WWII ships with improved damage models. It would also make sense if they added Japanese infantry to the SIM, but at the same time we are so in need of more infantry types for all the represented nations. Just about the only thing I was disappointed about with the summer update is that the assets pictured are not manned.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Callsign112 said:

Yeah  that will be pretty major in terms of DCS WWII, but if I am not mistaken I think ED has also announced assets for the coming Pacific Theater but don't have time to look for the past announcement at the moment. So hopefully M3 LLC is not alone in its efforts regarding assets/planned modules ect...

What I am hoping we see more of is WWII ships with improved damage models. It would also make sense if they added Japanese infantry to the SIM, but at the same time we are so in need of more infantry types for all the represented nations. Just about the only thing I was disappointed about with the summer update is that the assets pictured are not manned.

Actually, none 3rd party has added infantry units to DCS, that has a complete new spice... on fact, we can talk ED has actually "rework" the infantry units, using the Supercarrier deck crew technology.

Other M3 "black" point was the lost Iwo Jima map, the never complete your "Map Team"... We expected someday, can build them and make more "Pacific expansions".

Edited by Silver_Dragon

Greatly appreciate your effort and commitment to eventually improve the Mig-21. These photogrammetry shots do look tasty indeed. Sitting here waiting patiently 🙂

Edited by sc_neo
  • Like 5

• ED Team
On 6/2/2022 at 4:00 PM, IcedVenom said:

I fly the MiG-21bis all the time. There's nothing wrong with it at least that I can see. No idea why they are redoing the MiG-21.

Every single system needs work. Read RL documentation for the MiG-21bis and compare to game. The only system that is on point is the RWR, which has already been reworked relatively recently. Electrical system, navigation, radar, gunsight, everything needs the same treatment to be accurate.

Edited by m4ti140
  • Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Once they are finished with the overhaul of MiG-21 I will finally purchase it. Then I will wait for the next Soviet jet ;). 

I just read the update they posted and I am exited about the plan, however 

"Once the Corsair is released and completed, we will be able to give it all the needed attention" ...

Yeah.. gonna stick to Hornet for a considerable future. 

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

• -Rudel- unpinned this topic