Autopilot Keybind

I can make keybinds to select Strg Select, Hdg Select, Att Hold, and Autopilot Off, but I can't get the Alt Hold to work. There are no key conflicts showing, and I've got the correct switch selection, but for some reason that particular one just won't work. Am I being a biff or is this a bug?

Personally I binded all 4 controls to my 4 way hat with no problem - and with no OFF key. You actually don`t need Autopilot Off, since you have on both switches (select and hold) middle position which is OFF. 

To which buttons you want to asign, and whats the hotas?

Check for double bindings.

Edited by skywalker22

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/2/2022 at 5:49 PM, drspankle said:

I've bound the selections to L Alt + LCtrl + L Shift + A,S,D,F etc and am using Voice Attack.  They all work perfectly excepy Alt Hold!

As he uses keyboard commands (generated through Voice Attack) he does need an OFF command, but that's not the issue.

@drspankle I have bound the OFF command to the key "A" just for testing and that works fine. I suspect that your problem might be caused by your joystick signal being not precisely at zero when you release it, or producing some noise.
In that case, the Pitch AP switch will go to the right position, but the AP does not engage. Set a deadzone on the Pitch axis, starting with a large value. If that solves the problem then you can reduce the deadzone as much as possible without getting an unwanted signal.

PS: I suppose you have verified that Voice Attack produces the desired key combination

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I know this is the case in the F-18, not sure if it applies to the F-16.  Certain inputs in DCS seem to require a longer (not quite a "long", just a "longer") press to activate.  You may see the switch in the cockpit flip, but it won't register in the game.  I use AutoHotKey with a programable keyboard and there are some commands that I need to hold for 100 ms (vs 50 ms that I use generally) to get it to register in DCS.