Nobody flying the Apache in multiplayer?

PilotNeedGunner

something is wrong with the power settings there not quite right, half the time it won't take off. this is in MP servers I find; SP is just fine.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

• ED Team
55 minutes ago, PilotNeedGunner said:

Am I missing something here or are all the servers devoid of AH64 pilots? Just a couple of months ago everyone and their mom was flying it, and now I browse through the servers and there is, on average, one AH64 per server. 

Most are playing in open beta multiplayer servers, are you on stable version?

12 minutes ago, 71st_Mastiff said:

something is wrong with the power settings there not quite right, half the time it won't take off. this is in MP servers I find; SP is just fine.

not seeing a problem here, if you do have a problem post a short track replay in the bugs section

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

46 minutes ago, 71st_Mastiff said:

I've not seen anyone else report this problem. Some more details might let people help you work out why this is happening for you. 

I'm playing almost exclusively in MP. 

On the 4YA PVE Caucasus servers there are nearly always a lot of AH-64's doing their thing.

You can also try the Rotorheads Server, but you have to register in Discord first--small formality. It is--as the name implies--only choppers. 

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

The same question from me, 

do you have any servers to recommend where are missions for helicopters and Apache?

I fly with my friends but they don't have time always ;).

Open Beta + mods (like texture, Reshade ect), so that you can enter.

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

5 hours ago, PilotNeedGunner said:

Am I missing something here or are all the servers devoid of AH64 pilots? Just a couple of months ago everyone and their mom was flying it, and now I browse through the servers and there is, on average, one AH64 per server. 

If you see my MOM tell her to put the stick down and come home!!! We miss Her.

• Thanks 1

On 6/2/2022 at 6:00 AM, 71st_Mastiff said:

Huh? I fly frequently in multiplayer servers. Single and multi crew. Cold and hot start. It takes off just fine so long as you don’t overload it. You have to manage your fuel and weapons loadout.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Every new module begins with the entire community flooding servers with it and then calming down and going back to their main interest. I’ve hardly flown anything except the Apache since it released but I’m sure many people are back to their normal routine.

You can also check out the two public servers run by Low Level Hell. They have intermittent activity. As others have mentioned, try buddy spike (prepare to get killed by jets 2 seconds after taking off though), or 4YA, rotorheads, air assault

• Like 2

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

22 hours ago, YoYo said:

The same question from me, 

do you have any servers to recommend where are missions for helicopters and Apache?

I fly with my friends but they don't have time always ;).

Open Beta + mods (like texture, Reshade ect), so that you can enter.

Rotorheads and Low Level Hell

• Thanks 1

You over-dramatize. yes. The flight model is still a bit edgy and the supposedly modern SAS in the Apache is behaving strangely. It is worth noting that the Hind and the Huey are significantly more comfortable to fly. I hope this will be fixed as soon as possible. and The main problem is that outside of training (where you know where the targets are) George is completely useless at the moment. Without IFF and independent enemy search, he is simply useless. and In addition, even at the lowest skill level, ground units will blow you out of the sky with the first salvo if you come within their range. Even infantry XD These are the 3 reasons why I don't fly the Apache online in a "real" battle. It's just too frustrating. But it is NOT completely bugged. That is not true. In fact, it's programmed fairly cleanly at the moment. It's just early beta.... That's the way it is.

Imagine the following scenario. You fly the helicopter and fight for control with the SAS and the flight model. At the same time you have to babysit George because he doesn't do anything alone. And every time you get too close to a ground unit because you're completely overwhelmed (task saturation), you're shot down immediately. You do that once or twice, then you stop flying online. As I said, these 3 things come together and reinforce each other....

Edited by Dagobert666
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Dagobert666 said:

You over-dramatize. yes. The flight model is still a bit edgy and the supposedly modern SAS in the Apache is behaving strangely. It is worth noting that the Hind and the Huey are significantly more comfortable to fly. I hope this will be fixed as soon as possible. and The main problem is that outside of training (where you know where the targets are) George is completely useless at the moment. Without IFF and independent enemy search, he is simply useless. and In addition, even at the lowest skill level, ground units will blow you out of the sky with the first salvo if you come within their range. Even infantry XD These are the 3 reasons why I don't fly the Apache online in a "real" battle. It's just too frustrating. But it is NOT completely bugged. That is not true. In fact, it's programmed fairly cleanly at the moment. It's just early beta.... That's the way it is.

Imagine the following scenario. You fly the helicopter and fight for control with the SAS and the flight model. At the same time you have to babysit George because he doesn't do anything alone. And every time you get too close to a ground unit because you're completely overwhelmed (task saturation), you're shot down immediately. You do that once or twice, then you stop flying online. As I said, these 3 things come together and reinforce each other....

I have no issues flying the Apache, and I am fine with the FM.

When I say Apache riddled with bugs I mean George not spotting, lasing, or shooting hellfires at enemies that I can see with my eyes. I don’t know if this bug is new, but George won’t fire the 30mm for some reason, and I was in a stable hover 100ft from the enemy vehicle and gave him fire at will. As you have mentioned, George is practically useless. Even when I replace George with a human CPG there are still various desync issues, which I thought were supposed to have been fixed.

I’ve looked at the various servers during the last couple of days, and have not seen more than 3 Apaches in any one server at a time, and it’s usually 1-2 Apaches.

Mulitplayer is a challenge no doubt. When there's fixed wing about you'll not last long if you remain exposed. But surely that's the way it should be? Get on to comms and ask for CAP in your area. 

Personally I love the position, expose, fire, reposition, repeat nature of it whilst trying to keep an eye for those pesky fixed wings.

Against ground troops it's no different to SP apart from the lack of IFF issues. It isn't nice when you fire on your own troops i admit, on SP it doesn't matter that much. 

On MP there are situations of single Manpads deployed in trees that are impossible to see which is also frustrating. Mark it, go back and clear is my only suggestion. 

I have had the Hellfire not firing a few times, not sure why. I've tried to replicate it but not found a common trigger. 

if they could get George to act a bit more like Jester, as in call outs, identifying targets etc (in progress already), even some of the wit too to make him sound less sterile then it would be an even greater module in MP than it already is. 

I

I love flying the Apache on Blue Flag when my buddy can join me. Unfortunately, the incredibly maddening bug where George says "engaging" but never fires keeps me from using the Apache in MP alone.

I think more people will fly MP when George is fleshed out and more effective. I can handle the current flight model and don't crash anymore unless I get hit with something. I have a friend as a CPG but our gaming time doesn't often overlap.

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM

Ah, the teamkill chopper.. sure there is a reason: George spamming 16 Hellfires at everything he spots, even if you’d never found it as a human player and at the same time the helicopter being boring to use with George.. it‘s nice with a human CPG but like the Tomcat it misses the point after some hours if flying it alone. 🤷🏻‍♂️ We had a couple of people flying it on our servers but they have all gone back to their regular aircraft quickly. I personally find the Ka50 much more interesting.

• 1 month later...

I think it's annoying I can't switch to gunner seat in MP. It gets dull pretty fast when I can only use the hellfire missiles through George.

• Like 2

i7 3770k 3.5 Ghz (OC 4.3 Ghz), 16 GB Ram, Radeon 7970, Win8 64-bit, CH Products Fighterstick + Pro Pedals + Pro Trottle, TrackIR 5

1 hour ago, brunodk said:

I think it's annoying I can't switch to gunner seat in MP. It gets dull pretty fast when I can only use the hellfire missiles through George.

Load some SA-19 Grison vehicles into your mission then tell us its dull lol

74_Fox