Carrier Burble

Mayo

I started to notice this Burble. But to me it seems too violent.
Here are two Track files. Little different circum stances.

On the Stennis it just felt like running over a small bump.
On the SC I got a pitch up and increased AoA, even to the point the AoA warning goes off.

You will see I make no pitch input at that point.

(Feel free to Grade my Landings 😉 )

CASE1_2021_SC1.trk CASE1_2021_Stennis2.trk

Edited by 87th_Neptune

• ED Team

Thanks for the tracks and the chat in discord, I have asked the team to take a look, my initial thoughts are the burble is within intended parameters, if the team see something else I will let you know. Work on the burble will also continue to be tweaked. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Maybe this is normal but I thought I would give my input. I have done about 20 traps thus far and gotten the following results:

ACLS mode 1, minimal wind, ship at 25 knots I hit the 1 wire most times.

ACLS mode 1, 10 knots wind, ship at 25 knots, bounces the hook and bolter.  (manually flown I get 2-3 wire most times, almost need to go to milpower to catch a wire)

If I turn wake turbulence off. ACLS mode 1, 3 wire every time. 

Maybe burble is too strong? Or, this is how it is in real life. Must be quite an exciting experience. 

EDIT: According to a SME flight ops don't typically happen at 30kts... Ill try slowing it down to 10-15 knots and see what the difference is.

Edited by Fulcrumkiller31

Computer: I7 12700K OC 5.0 All Cores, EVGA 3070TI FTW 3, MSI Tomahawk Z690 DDR4 WIFI, 32 GB Corsair DDR4 3200 MHz, M.2 NVME 1TB

Gear: Virpil T-50CM2 Mongoose Stick, CM3 Base, CM3 Throttle, Logitech Pedals, HP Reverb G2

Modules: F-15E, F-18C, F-16C, F-14, A-10C II, AV-8B, M-2000C, Mirage F1, F-5, AH-64D, MI-24, KA-50, Nevada TTR, Syria, Persian Gulf, Falklands, Sinai

With Wake Turbulence off, 23kts over the deck (7kts natural wind IIRC) angled to cancel out x-wind component by Airboss scripting, I consistently observe AoA slightly increase in-close, significantly increase at the ramp, then significantly decrease in-the-wires. Prior to the burble I don't recall such AoA fluctuations. 

I can't quantify what the aircraft or my throttle is doing since I'm focused on the ball and lineup, but that's just one thing I've observed from watching the AoA bracket.

• 1 month later...

I get this only in the f-18 and not in the f-14

On 7/6/2022 at 6:29 AM, Nealius said:

With Wake Turbulence off, 23kts over the deck (7kts natural wind IIRC) angled to cancel out x-wind component by Airboss scripting, I consistently observe AoA slightly increase in-close, significantly increase at the ramp, then significantly decrease in-the-wires. Prior to the burble I don't recall such AoA fluctuations. 

I can't quantify what the aircraft or my throttle is doing since I'm focused on the ball and lineup, but that's just one thing I've observed from watching the AoA bracket.

• ED Team

Hi all, 

sorry for late reply here, the burble seems to be as intended currently, however we may see some tweaks in the future. 

There is an issue open for the F-14 getting double burble and I am chasing it up currently as a fix was being tested. 

thank you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2