Quest 2 & pinkish / garbled lower part

MAck472

dears, I am playing DCS, but randomly, and after a while, the 1/3 of the bottom becomes garbled and pinkish. the only way to reset it is to exit DCS and restarting.

I have a 3070 and use a good, albeit not original, USB 3.2 cable

Meta support addresses this as a problem due to the fact that is not a Quest 2 "native" application, and might be the shaders that are not supporter.

checking other forums, I saw that the problem is not uncommon...at best. but no patch yet.

any help?  

I had issues with my Quest 2 and the lower tier of the display.

Got rid of it by reducing the bitrate of the encoded video running through the USB cable.

Go to oculus debug tool (ODT) which is installed somewhere by default, and modify variable bitrate to a capped value , 500 if I recall correctly.

Il 3/6/2022 at 14:17, Hoirtel ha scritto:

Do you have the open xr tool kit for use with MSFS? 

ciao, no. What is that for?

I don't use MSFS....

Il 3/6/2022 at 15:16, pixie ha scritto:

I had issues with my Quest 2 and the lower tier of the display.

Got rid of it by reducing the bitrate of the encoded video running through the USB cable.

Go to oculus debug tool (ODT) which is installed somewhere by default, and modify variable bitrate to a capped value , 500 if I recall correctly.

ciao

well, i tried almost all the way, but will try again. I usually set it to 300, but will try 500.

keep you posted

8 minutes ago, MAck472 said:

ciao, no. What is that for?

I don't use MSFS....

ciao

well, i tried almost all the way, but will try again. I usually set it to 300, but will try 500.

keep you posted

Don't worry. You don't need it. I have had the half pink screen once after installing it for MSFS. I leave it disabled now and not had the problem since.