Historical gunner uniform

RokoG1911

2 hours ago, RokoG1911 said:

So, from newest newsletter, we got Mi-24P gunner with Ratnik program uniform, which is 2013+. This is sad for me as i do historical missions. What year is our Hind based on??

Pin on AFGHANISTANPin on The Soviet War in Afghanistan

Our Mi-24P was produced in 1986, but is based on current Mi-24P in Russia military, where they have removed the L166V Lipa IR jammer due to its obsolescence. It may be more like 1984-86, as that’s when it was upgraded to except the EVU off the production line, gun camera in wing removed, and integrated flare dispensers added.

Removing Lipa and upgrading ballistic computer is the only change that has been done to it since introduction, other then the plug and play addition of Ataka series missiles. I believe even the R-60 modification might have been introduced around or before 1986. You could make an arguement that our CCIP system is also upgraded to include S-8OFP2, but that missile was a prototype that never entered service, and I believe ED only did it becuase they have never introduced the historical HE versions of S-8 like D/DM models. 

In reality Mi-24V/P didn’t get S-8 CCIP until Chechnya wars. So ignoring S-8OFP2 due to its fictional status, it contains in its entirety versions between Chechnya wars and modern day. If you restrict weapons and only use manual mode for S-8 series, you will have an Afghan bird with the exception of no Lipa L166V IR jammer 

Edited by AeriaGloria
  • Like 1

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

1 hour ago, AeriaGloria said:

Our Mi-24P was produced in 1986, but is based on current Mi-24P in Russia military, where they have removed the L166V Lipa IR jammer due to its obsolescence. It may be more like 1984-86, as that’s when it was upgraded to except the EVU off the production line, gun camera in wing removed, and integrated flare dispensers added.

Removing Lipa and upgrading ballistic computer is the only change that has been done to it since introduction, other then the plug and play addition of Ataka series missiles. I believe even the R-60 modification might have been introduced around or before 1986. You could make an arguement that our CCIP system is also upgraded to include S-8OFP2, but that missile was a prototype that never entered service, and I believe ED only did it becuase they have never introduced the historical HE versions of S-8 like D/DM models. 

In reality Mi-24V/P didn’t get S-8 CCIP until Chechnya wars. So ignoring S-8OFP2 due to its fictional status, it contains in its entirety versions between Chechnya wars and modern day. If you restrict weapons and only use manual mode for S-8 series, you will have an Afghan bird with the exception of no Lipa L166V IR jammer 

i think they added S8s simply for fun factor

+1 :thumbup:

fLA37z3.jpg

This was nice (from preview too):

In%20Dev2a.jpg

I dont know why we have now this bad boy:

edPipl2.jpg

Maybe we will have few options (I hope!)? This gunner is in BBC uniform, what about the other contries? :protest: :protest::protest:

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

24 minutes ago, YoYo said:

+1 :thumbup:

fLA37z3.jpg

This was nice (from preview too):

In%20Dev2a.jpg

I dont know why we have now this bad boy:

edPipl2.jpg

Maybe we will have few options (I hope!)? This gunner is in BBC uniform, what about the other contries? :protest: :protest::protest:

Is the preview a copy pasted Mi-8 gunner? Isn’t that one also only Russia? 

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Yep, it could be placeholder from Mi-8, however he looks more universal.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro