Maverick Ripple launch

IR.Clutch
Go to solution Solved by Chain_1,

Hey folks,

Please help..I'm trying to realize ripple launch using youtube guides, but it doesn't work🙄. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong?
I've tried AGM-65D and G on the correct LAU-117 pylons, after handoff in progress message missile’s seeker does not aimed to where the targeting pod is looking. I can't even launch. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

ripple.jpg

Edited by IR Sky

i7-11700K 5GHz, 64GB DDR4@3200, ZOTAC RTX4090, iiyama 34 Red Eagle  || Quest 3, HP Reverb G2, TrackIR 5  || Orion2 F-16EX Viper Throttle Combo, TM Warthog throttle(button box),  Virpil WarBRD+Viper stick, VPC interceptor pedals || TM MFD Cougar pack || F-16C, F-15E, AH-64D | Simshaker Jetpad || F-16 Panels: Landing Gear, CMDS, ICP, Avionics, Sensors, Lighting, Air Cond, HUD, Anti Ice

• IR.Clutch changed the title to Maverick Ripple launch

Make sure you're in Auto handoff mode on the TGP.  The checklist you posted doesn't specify it, but you need that if you want the mavericks to lock automatically.  If you're in Manual handoff mode, you'll have to make the mav soi and lock the targets yourself.

Edited by Chain_1
added text

24 минуты назад, Chain_1 сказал:

Make sure you're in Auto handoff mode on the TGP.  The checklist you posted doesn't specify it, but you need that if you want the mavericks to lock automatically.  If you're in Manual handoff mode, you'll have to make the mav soi and lock the targets yourself.

I've tried it many times. Just tried to activate AUTO beforehand, but now there was not even a message about Handoff in progress...

i7-11700K 5GHz, 64GB DDR4@3200, ZOTAC RTX4090, iiyama 34 Red Eagle  || Quest 3, HP Reverb G2, TrackIR 5  || Orion2 F-16EX Viper Throttle Combo, TM Warthog throttle(button box),  Virpil WarBRD+Viper stick, VPC interceptor pedals || TM MFD Cougar pack || F-16C, F-15E, AH-64D | Simshaker Jetpad || F-16 Panels: Landing Gear, CMDS, ICP, Avionics, Sensors, Lighting, Air Cond, HUD, Anti Ice

First, make sure you boresighted the mav ststions. Also for a Ripple, set RP to 2 on the SMS page. Then, you get within range of the targets, lock one up with the first mav (MAN or AUTO handoff doesnt matter). With a solid lock, press the NWS/MSL step button to switch mav station to your other mav.

now find and lock the 2nd target. Lock it up, press wpn release and both missiles fly off.

Before launch, you can see in the HUD that there are 2 mav circles labeled as 1 and 2 to indicate where each missile is pointing

Allright. I give up. I've tried million times. 

f-16Mav.trk

You don't have to use automatic handoff specifically but you can. There is a bug (still) where you step through missiles instead of stations so this can't work with more than 2 missiles at least if you want to bounce back and forth to confirm before launch.

Also some of the modes might wrongly break track when stepping. It is possible though just not in as many situations as it should be.

19 часов назад, Chain_1 сказал:

I'd need to see a track, then.

attached. If you have time to take a look

Edited by IR Sky

• Solution
34 minutes ago, IR Sky said:

attached. If you have time to take a look

The issue in this track is that you have the mavericks in vis mode.  If you want to use the mavericks with the tgp they need to be in pre mode.  You can cycle through the mav modes by pressing the crusor enable button, or the appropriate osb on the mav display.  In vis mode you have to aim and lock the maverick manually.

Edit: Another issue is that your mavericks aren't boresighted.  I boresighted them on a small house in one of the villages, and after doing that it works as advertised.

Edited by Chain_1
added text
  • Thanks 1

OK some testing, AGM-65D on LAU-117.

EO-VIS: Changing missiles(stations) causes missile to wrongly return to bore which is annoying but it is possible to get two simultaneously tracking missiles. You track one, step, slew all the way back to target, track and you get two simultaneous tracking. However upon firing the change in missile selection between firings causes (wrongly) the 2nd missile to break track and only the 1st missile launches. Result, actual RP2 launch impossible.

EO-BORE: Same issue as above. Simul track possible but the sequence of launching breaks track of second missile. Result, actual RP2 launch impossible.

EO-PRE: This is the only one that works because stepping stations doesn't cause the newly selected station to break track.

EO-PRE with more than two missiles: Simultaneous track is not even possible. Because system is stepping through missiles instead of stations you can't even get as far as two simul tracks.

EO-PRE with TGP handoff: The same as non-TGP cued EO-PRE, just make sure you don't break-slave during the second handoff. Recommend TMS aft to exit point track, enter area track, slew, then point track again for second handoff.

In the real airplane TGP handoff is possible in EO-VIS as well as EO-PRE.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

49 минут назад, Chain_1 сказал:

The issue in this track is that you have the mavericks in vis mode.  If you want to use the mavericks with the tgp they need to be in pre mode.  You can cycle through the mav modes by pressing the crusor enable button, or the appropriate osb on the mav display.  In vis mode you have to aim and lock the maverick manually.

Edit: Another issue is that your mavericks aren't boresighted.  I boresighted them on a small house in one of the villages, and after doing that it works as advertised.

Yes, in this track I have in vis mode, tried in pre mode as well before. Steerpoint 3 is near the targets(2 tanks). BSGT option is not available in case of AGM-65G? and why to boresight them on a house🙄

Can I boresight them on the ground before flight?

Hope it will fix my issue.

Edited by IR Sky

Thanks a lot guys! Got it! Much better now.

On 6/4/2022 at 3:55 PM, IR Sky said:

Can I boresight them on the ground before flight?

Hope it will fix my issue.

It takes a few minutes more to takeoff but its much easier to boresight on the ground, unless you do it the wrong way and boresight with wathever like as frederf said it always boresights perfectly even if your tgp is not pointing to the right direction.

Edited by Ignition
  • Thanks 1