[4YA] WWII - Project Overlord - historically accurate DCS 1944 server

Or maybe you already use it, and don’t want others to do it?) The administration has already contacted me about a complaint about the post, I explained the reason, I hope the post will be opened again.. Guys, just turn off the export of objects on the server). This program is already used by everyone, I posted it to attract attention.

Edited by -Slayer-

Два главных вопроса к ЕД:

Зачем у Мустанга в ДКС винт от Ми-8, который разгоняет его с динамикой Спита при одинаковой заправке и бОльшей на четверть массе?

Почему у FW-190 топливо расходуется с одинаковой скоростью из переднего и заднего баков и в итоге сигнальные лампы загораются не впопад?

Только что, Doughguy сказал:

Tbf any sort of cheating spoils the fun for others... if the server is set up in a certain way and individuals bypass that thats considered cheating and should result in a permanent ban. 

If things are too tough for you look for a more easy server that suits your gaming style.

You either did not understand the meaning of the message, or you also use this program.

Зачем у Мустанга в ДКС винт от Ми-8, который разгоняет его с динамикой Спита при одинаковой заправке и бОльшей на четверть массе?

Почему у FW-190 топливо расходуется с одинаковой скоростью из переднего и заднего баков и в итоге сигнальные лампы загораются не впопад?

30 minutes ago, -Slayer- said:

Or maybe you already use it, and don’t want others to do it?) The administration has already contacted me about a complaint about the post, I explained the reason, I hope the post will be opened again.. Guys, just turn off the export of objects on the server). This program is already used by everyone, I posted it to attract attention.

I'm an administrator for 4YA and i have no interest in flying WWII, and therefore no use for software that tells me exactly where all is at all times as i could just use the mission editor for this already.
My concern lays with the people, and programs- just dumped on public forums with a clear explenation on how it's designed to maliciously disrupt the playstyle of the mission as it was designed.
If your intention is to bring awareness to the abillities of the object export function in DCS then you could also just say that without actively spreading cheats around a community already plagued enough by these types of exploits.
If you then still think that doing that is the right thing to do, then what do you expect? If you're against cheating yourself, then why do you encourage people to use it??
That would be like handing a robber a gun so they could rob more banks until someone spends more money and more time on protecting a bank until you're satisfied.
Which, in your own words - sets a double standard.

• Like 3

8 минут назад, Sandwich сказал:

I'm an administrator for 4YA and i have no interest in flying WWII, and therefore no use for software that tells me exactly where all is at all times as i could just use the mission editor for this already.
My concern lays with the people, and programs- just dumped on public forums with a clear explenation on how it's designed to maliciously disrupt the playstyle of the mission as it was designed.
If your intention is to bring awareness to the abillities of the object export function in DCS then you could also just say that without actively spreading cheats around a community already plagued enough by these types of exploits.
If you then still think that doing that is the right thing to do, then what do you expect? If you're against cheating yourself, then why do you encourage people to use it??
That would be like handing a robber a gun so they could rob more banks until someone spends more money and more time on protecting a bank until you're satisfied.
Which, in your own words - sets a double standard.

Ok, your position is clear, in general I tried to draw attention to the problem. Then please tell me what you think about disabling the export of objects? I've been acting a little harsh due to earlier attempts to be gentle (as you suggested) on other servers, which didn't work.

vor einer Stunde schrieb -Slayer-:

You either did not understand the meaning of the message, or you also use this program.

Hello @-Slayer-

Please be aware that cheating will not be tolerated on our server and that you will very likely soon find yourself with a very long ban. If you need cheats to win your fights, I suggest that you stick to single player instead, where your actions don't impact the gaming experience of other players. If you want to talk directly with the server Admins about this issue, please jump onto our discord and open a support ticket. 

• Like 3

18 минут назад, Night Owl сказал:

Привет@-Убийца-

Пожалуйста, имейте в виду, что читерство недопустимо на нашем сервере, и что, скорее всего, вскоре вы окажетесь с очень длительным баном. Если вам нужны читы для победы в боях, я предлагаю вам вместо этого придерживаться одиночной игры, где ваши действия не влияют на игровой опыт других игроков. Если вы хотите напрямую поговорить с администраторами сервера об этой проблеме, зайдите в наш дискорд и создайте заявку в службу поддержки. 

I'm used to speaking openly so that everyone can see what's going on, and this topic is working out, as far as I can see. Do not try to turn everything upside down, if everything is in order with your logic, then you should understand the purpose of my posts - disabling the export of objects to the server and nothing more. Yes, the easiest way is to get rid of the problem (ban the player), this will not solve the problem - now most players are already using the radar on the server, you need to take appropriate measures (disable the export of objects), and not ban the players for trying to draw attention to the problem. Or do you want to fly in the fantasy world of World War II, where the radar works like in the modern world? Every player who is not currently using this program should be aware that the chance of being in the line of sight of a player with a radar is now more than half.

Edited by -Slayer-

42 minutes ago, -Slayer- said:

Ok, your position is clear, in general I tried to draw attention to the problem. Then please tell me what you think about disabling the export of objects? I've been acting a little harsh due to earlier attempts to be gentle (as you suggested) on other servers, which didn't work.

We're looking into this, as soon as possible! Our WWII branch is @Night Owl and @Skewgear's juristiction, however due to Tacview we'll have to change some things behind the scene on 4YA (which is where we are all either staff/moderators/administrators) for, which might take a little longer. But steps are imidiately being taken in order to patch the vulnerability to cheating via the Object Export route.
Thank you for letting us know, and we hope to resolve this ASAP. We can promise you that 🙂

- Sandwich, on behalf of 4YA and 4YA-WWII

• Like 3

11 минут назад, Sandwich сказал:

We're looking into this, as soon as possible! Our WWII branch is @Night Owl and @Skewgear's juristiction, however due to Tacview we'll have to change some things behind the scene on 4YA (which is where we are all either staff/moderators/administrators) for, which might take a little longer. But steps are imidiately being taken in order to patch the vulnerability to cheating via the Object Export route.
Thank you for letting us know, and we hope to resolve this ASAP. We can promise you that 🙂

- Sandwich, on behalf of 4YA and 4YA-WWII

Thanks, that's great! The ability for third-party players (not the administrator) to use Tacwiew and LotATC for WWII is about the same evil as the radar). On the SoW server, the export of objects simply did not work, and everything was in order - it seems to me that it would be better not to come up with anything.

Edited by -Slayer-

vor 15 Minuten schrieb -Slayer-:

I'm used to speaking openly so that everyone can see what's going on, and this topic is working out, as far as I can see. Do not try to turn everything upside down, if everything is in order with your logic, then you should understand the purpose of my posts - disabling the export of objects to the server and nothing more. Yes, the easiest way is to get rid of the problem (ban the player), this will not solve the problem - now most players are already using the radar on the server, you need to take appropriate measures (disable the export of objects), and not ban the players for trying to draw attention to the problem. Or do you want to fly in the fantasy world of World War II, where the radar works like in the modern world? Every player who is not currently using this program should be aware that the chance of being in the line of sight of a player with a radar is now more than half.

@-Slayer-

We are looking into this. However, let me say this very clearly, neither the knowledge of an existing loop hole, nor the yet unsupported claim that others than you are using this cheat as well, justifies you using the cheat and even worse actively distributing it. If you only wanted to make us aware of the loop hole, a simple message would have made a way better image than to actively distribute the cheat and urge others to use it.

We will take measures to prevent the cheat, but we will also take measures against you for using and distributing it. 

Again I urge you to discuss this directly with us in our discord channel if your goal really is to prevent this cheat from being used. 

Thank you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 минуту назад, Night Owl сказал:

@-Slayer-

We are looking into this. However, let me say this very clearly, neither the knowledge of an existing loop hole, nor the yet unsupported claim that others than you are using this cheat as well, justifies you using the cheat and even worse actively distributing it. If you only wanted to make us aware of the loop hole, a simple message would have made a way better image than to actively distribute the cheat and urge others to use it.

We will take measures to prevent the cheat, but we will also take measures against you for using and distributing it. 

Again I urge you to discuss this directly with us in our discord channel if your goal really is to prevent this cheat from being used. 

Thank you

It seems to me that everything has already been discussed, what's the point of continuing? You cannot understand that the program is ALREADY distributed, and has been for a long time, what I do is draw attention to the problem, that's why I write openly. Do you love repression? Don't like openness?

• Like 1

vor 2 Minuten schrieb -Slayer-:

It seems to me that everything has already been discussed, what's the point of continuing? You cannot understand that the program is ALREADY distributed, and has been for a long time, what I do is draw attention to the problem, that's why I write openly. Do you love repression? Don't like openness?

Well you can draw attention without using and distributing the cheat, just saying 😉 I for myself have never heard of it before, and I am sure neither have the vast majority of our honest players.

But if your aim was indeed to prevent this cheat I do thank you for this, and ask if you could please come into our discord and explain us exacly how the software is working and what we can do about it. 

7 минут назад, Night Owl сказал:

Well you can draw attention without using and distributing the cheat, just saying 😉 I for myself have never heard of it before, and I am sure neither have the vast majority of our honest players.

But if your aim was indeed to prevent this cheat I do thank you for this, and ask if you could please come into our discord and explain us exacly how the software is working and what we can do about it. 

Of course, that's why I'm writing here). You just need to disable the export of objects on the server, the program on the client stops receiving data. It seems to me that only this cardinal measure will help, and in this case TacView on the client also stops working, but the choice is simple - either an honest authentic game, or looking at TacView, something like that).

Edited by -Slayer-

14 minutes ago, -Slayer- said:

I think things gets lost in translation, because it's clear to me that you're using a translator for reading and typing. 

Might be different over here, but if you notice that your neighbours have forgotten to close their door, you notify them in private. You don't post it on their open Facebook wall. You see the difference? 

Cheers! 

• Like 2

2 минуты назад, MAXsenna сказал:

I think things gets lost in translation, because it's clear to me that you're using a translator for reading and typing. 

Might be different over here, but if you notice that your neighbours have forgotten to close their door, you notify them in private. You don't post it on their open Facebook wall. You see the difference? 

Cheers! 

I wrote above that this method did not work with other servers. You can see that here the result was positive - I got through to people).

Gerade eben schrieb -Slayer-:

Of course, that's why I'm writing here.) You just need to disable the export of objects on the server, then you can check if the program on the client stops receiving data. It seems to me that only this cardinal measure will help, and in this case TacView also stops working, but the choice is simple - either an honest authentic game, or looking at TacView, something like that).

Or honest players...? It's a simulator after all, why people feel the need to cheat in a simulator is beyond me. But yeah I guess the 95 % of honest players will once again have to suffer because of a couple of cheaters. 

We'll look into doing that, but need to discuss some things first. Once more, your help in our discord, outside of the cover of anonymity would be greatly appreciated 😉

• Like 2

6 минут назад, Night Owl сказал:

Or honest players...? It's a simulator after all, why people feel the need to cheat in a simulator is beyond me. But yeah I guess the 95 % of honest players will once again have to suffer because of a couple of cheaters. 

We'll look into doing that, but need to discuss some things first. Once more, your help in our discord, outside of the cover of anonymity would be greatly appreciated 😉

Guys, it's online in an extremely complex simulator). Online players are a separate category of people, they always strive for excellence by any means. In particular, statistics encourages this. Honest players only offline)). If the attendance of your server grows, the number of people using this cheat will also grow, everything will become even worse - beginners will "receive" from experienced cheats, as a result, beginners will not "fix" on the server - they leave. It is necessary to maintain the same conditions as strictly as possible, let TacView be sacrificed ..

4 minutes ago, -Slayer- said:

I wrote above that this method did not work with other servers. You can see that here the result was positive - I got through to people).

Well,  I guess that depends on the eye of the beholder. 😉

Even if neighbours 1-4 didn't listen to you, you still should notify neighbour five in private. 

I don't speak Russian, so I choose my words and the topic carefully if I ever make a translated post in that forum. Because it will be badly translated. 

Have a good day! 😊

After careful deliberation, the 4YA WW2 admin team has decided to ban -Slayer- permanently for the following reasons:

1. Use of cheat software. Cheating in any form goes against the ethos of the 4YA servers (all of them, not only WW2) and is not tolerated. Furthermore, an existing loophole does not in any way justify the use of a cheat software.

2. Active distribution of cheat software and promotion of its use in DCS forums. Since cheating itself is violating the server rules, enticing others to do so is punishable as well.  The 4YA WW2 admin team condemns the use of any form of cheats. Any violation of this rule will result in a permanent ban. As is the case with all bans, the player in question has the possibility to make an appeal in the 4YA Discord.

I'd like to point out that we all have access to Google Translate. Editing your Russian-language posts on this forum hours later doesn't mean we haven't read the original versions.

-Slayer- can open a ticket on the 4YA Discord to appeal against his permanent ban if he wishes.

To be clear: the ban is not for telling us about something players can use to cheat. It is for encouraging other players to use the cheat software, which he did here and on the Russian language ED forums. -Slayer- made no attempt to privately or directly notify 4YA staff about this problem. Had he done so, the outcome might have been different.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

DCS WWII player. I run the mission design team behind 4YA WWII, the most popular DCS World War 2 server.

https://www.ProjectOverlord.co.uk - for 4YA WW2 mission stats, mission information, historical research blogs and more.

You guys are the best, thanks! look at the Russian branch, I answered there.

Edited by -Slayer-

vor 7 Minuten schrieb -Slayer-:

You guys are the best, thanks! look at the Russian branch, I answered there.

@-Slayer-

One does not exclude the other. As I told you from the beginning, we will both take action to prevent the cheat from happening, and punish you for using it and enticing others to do so. You had ample opportunity to make us aware of the cheat without using it yourself or distributing it and promoting it's use in the forums. Yet you willingly decided to do so, hence we decided that you are not any longer welcome to play on our server. Even today you received a warning of the impending ban and several opportunities to demonstrate your good intentions by discussing the issue with us privately. You decided to ignore those offers and try to hide in anonymity, and thus have to suffer the consequences. 

• Like 1

19 минут назад, Night Owl сказал:

@-Убийца-

Одно не исключает другого. Как я говорил вам с самого начала, мы оба примем меры, чтобы предотвратить мошенничество, и накажем вас за его использование и побуждение к этому других. У вас было достаточно возможностей сообщить нам о чите, не используя его самостоятельно, не распространяя его и не рекламируя его использование на форумах. Тем не менее, вы добровольно решили это сделать, поэтому мы решили, что вы больше не можете играть на нашем сервере. Уже сегодня вы получили предупреждение о предстоящем бане и несколько возможностей продемонстрировать свои благие намерения, обсудив этот вопрос с нами в частном порядке. Вы решили проигнорировать эти предложения и попытаться скрыться анонимно, и поэтому должны страдать от последствий. 

No need to be hypocritical, it would be more correct to say this - you had to take action precisely because of the method of influence that you did not like, and you decided to punish me). This is your choice. If the players are on an equal footing - I did a good job, and this is my choice. Good luck.

ps You most likely did not take any measures, only disabling export could help. It looks like you are cheating too. All success in the sky of "modern aviation")).

Edited by -Slayer-

vor 21 Minuten schrieb -Slayer-:

No need to be hypocritical, it would be more correct to say this - you had to take action precisely because of the method of influence that you did not like, and you decided to punish me). This is your choice. If the players are on an equal footing - I did a good job, and this is my choice. Good luck.

Well okay, if you truly believe that you valiantly sacrified yourself for a good cause by blatantly cheating and thereby reducing everyone else's gameplay fun, and even more so to promote cheating in the forum, so be it, I will not be able to convince you otherwise. 

But the concept of cheating for a good cause is one that most people will find difficult to comprehend. 

I suggest that you contact server admins first next time you will encounter such an issue. 

Anyways, have fun playing somewhere else, and have a good day. 

Edited by Night Owl
  • Like 1