[4YA] WWII - Project Overlord - historically accurate DCS 1944 server

10 минут назад, Night Owl сказал:

Well okay, if you truly believe that you valiantly sacrified yourself for a good cause by blatantly cheating and thereby reducing everyone else's gameplay fun, and even more so to promote cheating in the forum, so be it, I will not be able to convince you otherwise. 

But the concept of cheating for a good cause is one that most people will find difficult to comprehend. 

I suggest that you contact server admins first next time you will encounter such an issue. 

Anyways, have fun playing somewhere else, and have a good day. 

Ok, if measures against the radar are taken, I can distribute it painlessly for the server through personal communication, right? That is, if I hypothetically suggest that everyone who wants to apply via private correspondence here to get a radar, will this not damage the server? Guys, do not be shy, write in person - export is not disabled).

3 минуты назад, grafspee сказал:

Now i know why i was loosing so hard 😛

Yes, friend).

Edited by -Slayer-

Два главных вопроса к ЕД:

Зачем у Мустанга в ДКС винт от Ми-8, который разгоняет его с динамикой Спита при одинаковой заправке и бОльшей на четверть массе?

Почему у FW-190 топливо расходуется с одинаковой скоростью из переднего и заднего баков и в итоге сигнальные лампы загораются не впопад?

ps Дмитрий, если Вас заставили прикрутить винт от Ми-8 к Мустангу - подавайте знаки, мы Вас спасём!

6 минут назад, Night Owl сказал:

@grafspee

It should be dealt with now 😉 The only confirmed cheater will not be found in our skies any longer, and appropriate server side anti-cheat measures are being implemented. 

The only one confirmed, how about ~60% unconfirmed?)) It was found)) It's generally funny, I wrote about the problem here, and they immediately found me bad)).

Information for players - only disabling the export of objects means protection from this cheat, the rest is hypocrisy with a high probability).

Edited by -Slayer-

Зачем у Мустанга в ДКС винт от Ми-8, который разгоняет его с динамикой Спита при одинаковой заправке и бОльшей на четверть массе?

Почему у FW-190 топливо расходуется с одинаковой скоростью из переднего и заднего баков и в итоге сигнальные лампы загораются не впопад?

ps Дмитрий, если Вас заставили прикрутить винт от Ми-8 к Мустангу - подавайте знаки, мы Вас спасём!

Gerade eben schrieb -Slayer-:

The only one confirmed, how about ~60% unconfirmed?))

Sure mate. 

I would suggest you just let it be, you are a cheater, you got identified by us, and now you are consequentially banned. As will any other cheater be, should we find some. The claim that others are cheating as well is void of any evidence at this point and seems to be merely you trying to justify your actions. So just move on and go play and cheat somewhere else 👍

Edited by Night Owl
  • Like 1

2 минуты назад, Night Owl сказал:

Starting to insult me for no reason shows even more that you run out of arguments and that my last comment was on point 😉

Where is the insult in my words? I'm basically done. Just turn off the export, trust is gone.

Edited by -Slayer-

The cheater's account is permanently banned. End of conversation. If you don't understand how to behave in our community, go and play somewhere else. You're not welcome here.

• Like 1

DCS WWII player. I run the mission design team behind 4YA WWII, the most popular DCS World War 2 server.

https://www.ProjectOverlord.co.uk - for 4YA WW2 mission stats, mission information, historical research blogs and more.

4 минуты назад, Skewgear сказал:

The cheater's account is permanently banned. End of conversation. If you don't understand how to behave in our community, go and play somewhere else. You're not welcome here.

You speak on behalf of everyone - if you personally are not happy with someone, it does not matter, I communicate with people - ordinary players. Why are you repeating about the ban? It already works equally, do you feel a pleasant feeling from the feeling of power))?

• ED Team

I have already spoken with you @-Slayer-stop it with the multiplayer disputes here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

9 минут назад, BIGNEWY сказал:

I have already spoken with you @-Slayer-stop it with the multiplayer disputes here. 

Can you find out the reason? Did you read the discussion? It's about cheating and fair play. I understand that there is no point in arguing with an ED employee, I just wanted to understand if you understand in whose interests I am acting, and why I am doing all this? And here is the war of squads, I'm not a member of the squad, talking about cheats and fighting them, isn't it in your interests as an ED employee?

• ED Team
1 minute ago, -Slayer- said:

Can you find out the reason? Did you read the discussion? It's about cheating and fair play. I understand that there is no point in arguing with an ED employee, I just wanted to understand if you understand in whose interests I am acting, and why I am doing all this? And here is the war of squads, I'm not a member of the squad, talking about cheats and fighting them, isn't it in your interests as an ED employee?

Please read the forum rules, no multiplayer arguing on the forum. I understand what you are trying to do, and I have already told you it is up to the server admin what they export and what they do not. If you are not happy with the server fly somewhere else. 

last warning from me

• Like 2

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I feel compelled to advocate for this guy. He could have taken advantage of the exploit without anybody being the wiser, but he posted about it publicly in a way that forced urgent attention and ultimately rectified the problem. You should be thanking him for his disclosure instead of vindictively punishing a member of your community that obviously cared enough to bring it to your attention.

Just because you were ignorant of the loophole does not mean you can lay the blame on someone else -- would you have gotten mad if he advocated that players should turn on aircraft labels if you forgot to disable them in the mission editor options?

Everybody playing on the server owes him their gratitude. Please reconsider the ban, as it sends the message that a player would be better off staying silent.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

vor 9 Minuten schrieb kablamoman:

I feel compelled to advocate for this guy. He could have taken advantage of the exploit without anybody being the wiser, but he posted about it publicly in a way that forced urgent attention and ultimately rectified the problem. You should be thanking him for his disclosure instead of vindictively punishing a member of your community that obviously cared enough to bring it to your attention.

Just because you were ignorant of the loophole does not mean you can lay the blame on someone else -- would you have gotten mad if he advocated that players should turn on aircraft labels if you forgot to disable them in the mission editor options?

Everybody playing on the server owes him their gratitude. Please reconsider the ban, as it sends the message that a player would be better off staying silent.

@kablamoman

I understand your point, however I do not fully agree. This player has not just brought the issue to our attention, he has employed the cheat, which we do not accept. In addition, he has posted the software in two different forums and enticed people to use it, one of those forums being a Russian-speaking one for which he had no reason to expect us to see it. 

I agree that making server admins aware of cheats is a very commendable thing to do. However, at no point does this require a player to use the cheats actively himself, and to entice others to do so. This spoils the playing experience for others, which we do not accept. Had he just posted about it or even better, contacted us directly, this whole story would look different. But that you can cheat is no excuse whatsoever for actively cheating. Also consider that we are not talking about something like turning the labels on, this is a dedicated third party cheating software that requires considerable effort to install. 

I hope I managed to make our point a little bit clearer. Have a good day

• Like 2

1 hour ago, -Slayer- said:

You speak on behalf of everyone - if you personally are not happy with someone, it does not matter, I communicate with people - ordinary players. Why are you repeating about the ban? It already works equally, do you feel a pleasant feeling from the feeling of power))?

well he certainly speaks on behalf of me! the thing is if you had done this in a grown up manor and notified the team by DM and actually done it for the good of the server than people would of been grateful. However you chose to try and accuse other people of the community of using this blatant cheat to justify using it yourself. Once the trust has gone with somebody then there is only one logical solution and that is a ban.

Edited by Brigg
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Night Owl said:

Also consider that we are not talking about something like turning the labels on, this is a dedicated third party cheating software that requires considerable effort to install. 

Respectfully, I disagree, and honestly don't see it as much different -- this is the server actively broadcasting entity position data in the clear for anyone to see, and despite not having a GUI built into the base game to view it for those without knowledge, it's there all the same for viewing in third party tools that have legit uses.

Turn off the export and be done with it, and everybody goes about their day. The server is ultimately all the better for the disclosure.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

vor 22 Minuten schrieb kablamoman:

Respectfully, I disagree, and honestly don't see it as much different -- this is the server actively broadcasting entity position data in the clear for anyone to see, and despite not having a GUI built into the base game to view it for those without knowledge, it's there all the same for viewing in third party tools that have legit uses.

Turn off the export and be done with it, and everybody goes about their day. The server is ultimately all the better for the disclosure.

We will definitely do that, absolutely. 👍 It will punish a lot of honest players for a while because they won't have tacview available, but that's what we have to do.

Yet this does not excuse in any way the cheating, nor the promotion of cheat software by the questionable player. Take the analogy of you passing by a bank and seing that the doors haven't been locked. The honest and commendable thing to do would be to notify the bank security, or the police. However, no-one would advocate for the honest intentions of someone who would first go into the bank to take money for himself, and then shout out in the street that there is easy money to be taken. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, kablamoman said:

If your neighbour leaves his front door unlocked and wide open, do you:

1. Contact your neighbour directly to tell him his door is unlocked and suggest that he might want to come and close the door.

2. Erect a billboard on the street with a big arrow pointing to your neighbour's house saying "THIS HOUSE IS WIDE OPEN, EVERYONE PARTY HERE UNTIL THE OWNER COMES TO LOCK THE DOOR!"

-Slayer- decided on option 2. He's edited his posts, as you can see, to delete all the bits where he encourages other players to use his cheat.

There is a sensible, mature and responsible way to disclose exploits in good faith. This episode was none of those.

Edited by Skewgear
  • Like 3

DCS WWII player. I run the mission design team behind 4YA WWII, the most popular DCS World War 2 server.

https://www.ProjectOverlord.co.uk - for 4YA WW2 mission stats, mission information, historical research blogs and more.

• ED Team

thread unlocked. 

A reminder, no multiplayer disputes on our forum 

thank you

• Thanks 2

bignewy sir, could you enlighten me what the export of objects does for the server side?

if stormofwar had this off, and it could cure this problem, seems like an easy fix.

i applaud -Slayer- for his stance and efforts on this topic.

bringing light to this will help with a solution.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

vor 5 Stunden schrieb gordonvembu:

bignewy sir, could you enlighten me what the export of objects does for the server side?

if stormofwar had this off, and it could cure this problem, seems like an easy fix.

i applaud -Slayer- for his stance and efforts on this topic.

bringing light to this will help with a solution.

Tacview requires object export when run client side, which is why we had it on. That's the only thing which will be lost when the object export is turned off, until we find another solution for tacview. 

Edited by Night Owl

thnx nightowl, great song by gerry rafferty btw, for the info.

i suppose that is an important feature ppl like.

hottom, you are missing out on the best feature of all video games,

that is communication...flight communities are much more polite than adolescent fps. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Night Owl said:

Tacview requires object export when run client side, which is why we had it on. That's the only thing which will be lost when the object export is turned off, until we find another solution for tacview. 

It does not require it.

Just like with the old SoW server or with the other sim you can generate a Tacview file from a replay track file.

48 minutes ago, kablamoman said:

It does not require it.

Just like with the old SoW server or with the other sim you can generate a Tacview file from a replay track file.

I tried it couple times and if a lot of AI is involved, saved replay track is far from what was really happening 🙂

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

22 hours ago, Night Owl said:

Seems there is an option somewhere where we can delay the tacview flow from server to client to avoid cheating.

You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!