RDR Cursor Switch Doesn't Move ACQ Cursor

Go to solution Solved by LeCuvier,

Hi, I've been trying to learn the f-16, been following Chuck's guide on it and have been binding keys as relevant.

I only have a VKB Gladiator stick with no throttle, so I had to bind RDR Cursor Switches to my arrow keys. To date, I haven't been able to move the ACQ cursor on my radar, even if i change the bind keys to be hats on my stick, or other keys on the keyboard.

I have also bound the Enable Switch and I have my stick fully calibrated with all buttons working (checked in testing tool)

Potentially I'm missing a step from the process? I've tried it with a variety of AA missiles that utilise the RDR so it should be working

The following is what I do:

1. Click A-A button to enter mode
  2. Ensure SOI is on the left display (the white border) and my azimuths etc. are set up for what I want
  3. Ensure Master Arm switch is on
  4. Attempt to use RDR Cursor switches (arrow keys for me) to move the ACQ cursor around (which doesnt move at all)

Is there anything else I need to be doing?

I have kept the default keyboard binding for Radar Cursor switch ". , / :" which is ". , - ö" on a German keyboard.

Tried with various hot start missions, and in all cases these keys control the radar cursor as expected. I did not try a cold start mission because that's where you might miss a command.
Do you have the problem in hot start missions?
First question should have been: Are you sure you are not flying in "Game" mode?

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

On 6/4/2022 at 6:26 PM, LeCuvier said:

I have kept the default keyboard binding for Radar Cursor switch ". , / :" which is ". , - ö" on a German keyboard.

Tried with various hot start missions, and in all cases these keys control the radar cursor as expected. I did not try a cold start mission because that's where you might miss a command.
Do you have the problem in hot start missions?
First question should have been: Are you sure you are not flying in "Game" mode?

Thanks for your response, unfortunately I have looked and "Game Flight Mode" is unchecked, indicating that I am not in game mode. I also have the problem in hot start missions and so far i've tested all missions to no luck

• Solution
53 minutes ago, sexyberries said:

Thanks for your response, unfortunately I have looked and "Game Flight Mode" is unchecked, indicating that I am not in game mode. I also have the problem in hot start missions and so far i've tested all missions to no luck

And "Game Avionics Mode"? If that option is checked the keyboard commands for Radar commands don't work. I tried.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

On 6/10/2022 at 8:21 PM, LeCuvier said:

And "Game Avionics Mode"? If that option is checked the keyboard commands for Radar commands don't work. I tried.

cheers mate, that was exactly it! Odd, the hover text for that just mentions markings for jets in surroundings. Anyway, solved. Much appreciated