VR Performance terrible on this map, very bad combined with Mosquito and worse since recent update?

doomfreak777

I have seen multiple threads about VR performance on this map dating back to release so I am surprised nothing has been done to optimise this map, which is a huge shame. 

Once loaded in to the airfield, the FPS tanks to about 15 and stays there. It does this every single time now whereas before the update it would happen about 33% of the time only. I thought this was a mosquito problem initially (probably doesn't help) as occasionally FPS would tank in the same way on The Caucasus map too, but not as common.

The Alt-Tab trick doesn't really work for me either.

Specs:

Ryzen 7 5800X

Nvidia 3080

64GB DDr4 3600mz ram

Reverb G2 using wmr toolkit for FOVeated rendering

Seeing on the forums that The Normandy map doesn't have these problems, I am wondering if it will be possible for me to pursue a refund and get that instead as I exceed minimum system specs and the performance is not acceptable. 

Has anyone had any luck with getting a response regarding the optimisation of this map?

• Like 2

Very, it should be a case of setting DCS.exe to use steamvr rather than openxr in the switcher app 🙂

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

11 minutes ago, Drac said:

How easy is it to go back to SteamVR if there is an issue?

As easy as pressing a button within the OpenComposite:

image.png

Also, this is the correct link to the instructions on how to get it running:

Edited by peachmonkey

5 hours ago, peachmonkey said:

As easy as pressing a button within the OpenComposite:

image.png

Also, this is the correct link to the instructions on how to get it running:

Copy...thanks

• Like 1

I do currently use OpenXR and the openxr toolkit as well...

However I have done some testing yesterday and found that turning OFF motion reprojection in OpenXR increases FPS back up to 60ish (for me) as opposed to the 12/13.

Why? I have no idea...