Hungry for updates: Hints of Paris and London in "2022 and beyond".

As the title says, in the "2022 and beyond" video, we are shown snippets of London and Paris. Most people assumed that this was an extension of the Channel map, but it was later verified that this is a planned update to Normandy. (Look at the 3:47 mark)

(Not trying to sink into the 'Why would ED make overlapping maps?/The maps should be combined!" discussion)

However- now that Syria has indeed been fleshed out in great detail- it would be great for us WW2 lovers to get some sneak peaks at what's going on in this regard.

Hoping to see something shown in the foreseable future.

PS: On a sidenote, the very same Ugra Media is making a Normandy map for 'another' ww2 sim. Previews of that version look great- and I hope that this will be matched or surpassed in DCS.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, REDEYE_CVW-66 said:

PS: On a sidenote, the very same Ugra Media is making a Normandy map for 'another' ww2 sim. Previews of that version look great- and I hope that this will be matched or surpassed in DCS.

These maps are far better than "those" maps. I don't think it's even close.

• Like 2

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/4/2022 at 3:56 PM, REDEYE_CVW-66 said:

Just my guess, but I doubt we'll see the new Normandy map for DCS before the addon in development for that "other" WW2 one is released.

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Paris would be welcome, but since we don't have a Spitfire I or II, a Hurricane, a Bf-109E or a Bf-110 (not to mention Do-17 or He-111), nor do we have them on the roadmap it doesn't actually seem worthwhile to include London in the sim as things are.

I'm not saying I wouldn't welcome it, just that there are other things on the map that I'd personally want prioritised.

Do you use VR? Do you feel sad when you are just a dismbodied set of eyes floating in the cockpit? Check out my list of paid aircraft modules that support the visible virtual pilot body:

15 hours ago, TORC said:

Paris would be welcome, but since we don't have a Spitfire I or II, a Hurricane, a Bf-109E or a Bf-110 (not to mention Do-17 or He-111), nor do we have them on the roadmap it doesn't actually seem worthwhile to include London in the sim as things are.

I don't think the reason to expand this map to London and Paris is Batte of Britain, still Normandy 44 map, remember? Anyhow, yes, early Spits, 109E and Hurricane aren't if, but when, as Nick Grey in person said time ago. I don't know when we'll get them but sure they'll come to DCS in due time.

• Like 3

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2022 at 10:34 AM, Komet_82 said:

Are there rumors on the Timeframe when Normandy 2 will be available?

There are of course, it's said end of 2022 if they are able, start 2023 if a bit more time is needed.

Anyhow, wouldn't you be better reading/sharing/asking at the Normandy 2.0 subforum?? :music_whistling:

• Like 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

First off I like this region since I have traveled allover Normandy, Visited Paris a few times as well as London.

If new tech allows them to rapidly build these regions then would it be possible to create some modern buildings and current airbases and make a modern version of the area as well. this could show the feature of both WWII and modern versions of the same map. Most of France still looks like it did in WWII with the exception of new industry and the occasional Super market. Most of these can be Static objects the player drops in the Mission editor. (DCS cities are not exact copies of reality, there is artistic leeway)

Besides the Current big International airports there are a few modern Airbases in southern England, around Paris and a Large AB in Évreux, for the modern stuff to easily fly in and out of.

If they can pull that off then a German/Poland map with both eras can be made. May be Pricey but worth it.

• Like 1

vor 11 Stunden schrieb Ala13_ManOWar:

There are of course, it's said end of 2022 if they are able, start 2023 if a bit more time is needed.

Anyhow, wouldn't you be better reading/sharing/asking at the Normandy 2.0 subforum?? :music_whistling:

Thanks for the infos

Was not aware that there is one, at least I did not find it🤣

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Komet_82 said:

Thanks for the infos

Was not aware that there is one, at least I did not find it🤣

Right beneath this one :thumbup:.

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar
  • Like 1