[REPORTED] Bomb salvos do not center on target

MBot

Multiple-bomb salvos are aiming the first bomb on target. This seems incorrect. In every other aircraft it is usual that bomb salvos are aimed center on the aim point (center bomb on target).

Screen_220605_122322.png

Screen_220605_122353.png

Normally most aircraft unguided bombing in Ripple Mode will use the standard convention of having the pilot place the aiming pipper in the middle of where they want the line of bombs to go. E.g. if bombing a convoy you would aim the pipper at the middle vehicle, and the bombs would start before that and end after that based upon the interval distancing parameter.

The A10C, F-16C, F/A-18C and alot of other modules in DCS perform this way including older modules as well. 

I don't have any documentation on it, but RAZBAM_Alpha Juliet mentioned in Discord it may need correcting so I'm posting a track.

To reproduce:

• Load up many slick unguided bombs
  • Fly a normal attack approach for CCIP or CCRP
  • A/G Mode & select bombs eg Mk82
  • ACM set CCIP, Instant Fuzing, Maximum Qty, 200ft interval
  • Aim at middle of a target convoy
  • Note the bombs don't start to release until the aimpoint, whereas normal behaviour should be to release half of the bombs before the aim point with spacing based upon the interval distance

To demonstrate correct behavior, perform the same procedure with the A10, F16, or F/A-18.

Track attached.

Convoy.trk

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

Tactical manual mentions that in multiple AUTO release mode (and other modes) point should be placed in the middle of desired impact pattern, with odd number of bombs one of them will hit that point, with even quantity they will be spaced around it. AFAIK the fix is planned.

Edited by Aernov
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/5/2022 at 11:33 AM, MBot said:

Multiple-bomb salvos are aiming the first bomb on target. This seems incorrect. In every other aircraft it is usual that bomb salvos are aimed center on the aim point (center bomb on target).

Already reported/acknowledged, not sure of it's priority WR to other issues/features.

4 hours ago, Mavkruger said:

maybe it's different on JF17, on french aircraft, you aim the first impact and not in the middle.

This is AV-8B Harrier forum, the aim point should be where the bomb stick is centered (not where it starts). 

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• AlphaJuliet changed the title to [REPORTED] Bomb salvos do not center on target
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/9/2022 at 4:18 PM, Ramsay said:

This is AV-8B Harrier forum, the aim point should be where the bomb stick is centered (not where it starts). 

yes, i know, but i saw this " The A10C, F-16C, F/A-18C and alot of other modules in DCS perform this way including older modules as well.  "

and i just said, some module have a bug, some module are ok.