Su-25 launch authorization light

Jascha

Here is something that bothers me. According to the manual the launch authorization light should be orange.

Screenshot_1.png

But in-game this light looks red. Exactly the same as disengage light. Proof:

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

If I recall correctly, the launch authorization light was once indeed orange (many versions ago). Why has this been changed? Or is this a bug?

Or maybe the manual is outdated and both lights are red IRL?

PS. Bonus question - is this a Su-25A or just Su-25? Can't really find if "A" is the correct description but some people use it (maybe just to make sure that it won't be confused with the "T" variant?).

Edited by Jascha
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...

the A is called Grach/Rook

the T is called the Frogfoot/T-Toad

this looks like a Rook.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

4 hours ago, WildBillKelsoe said:

the A is called Grach/Rook

the T is called the Frogfoot/T-Toad

this looks like a Rook.

I know that’s how we refer to them here in the forums but it’s always been my impression that “Grach” was the Russian reference to the Su-25, while “Frogfoot” was the NATO reporting name. The reference applied to both variants. I could be wrong, though.

On a slightly different note, as far as the “A” is concerned, that’s always seemed to be a forum convention rather than a real-world designation. 

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

1 hour ago, Ironhand said:

I know that’s how we refer to them here in the forums but it’s always been my impression that “Grach” was the Russian reference to the Su-25, while “Frogfoot” was the NATO reporting name. The reference applied to both variants. I could be wrong, though.

On a slightly different note, as far as the “A” is concerned, that’s always seemed to be a forum convention rather than a real-world designation. 

I know the A variant is the older one hence its called Rook/Grach in Russian. Speaking of which, this forum I hear is dedicated to the free T not the FC3 one, even though it is in an FC3 sub-forum. Go figure..

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

31 minutes ago, WildBillKelsoe said:

I know the A variant is the older one hence its called Rook/Grach in Russian. Speaking of which, this forum I hear is dedicated to the free T not the FC3 one, even though it is in an FC3 sub-forum. Go figure..

??? The forum in which we are now conversing is for the Su-25(A). Even though the Su25T is listed as an FC3 aircraft on the DCS website, it has its own dedicated forum under the DCS World 2.8 heading (instead of here) due to its inclusion in the DCS World download. Of course, the distinction is lost on a lot of people and both aircraft often end up being discussed here.

97E17356-35A6-4019-9B2A-21078C7E5952.png

Edited by Ironhand
  • Like 2

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

On 3/24/2023 at 10:52 PM, Ironhand said:

??? The forum in which we are now conversing is for the Su-25(A). Even though the Su25T is listed as an FC3 aircraft on the DCS website, it has its own dedicated forum under the DCS World 2.8 heading (instead of here) due to its inclusion in the DCS World download. Of course, the distinction is lost on a lot of people and both aircraft often end up being discussed here.

97E17356-35A6-4019-9B2A-21078C7E5952.png

I stand corrected then

🙂 Since it’s an aircraft, you’d expect it to be where the rest of the aircraft are discussed. So it stands to reason that people think that this is the place is for both. I discovered the -25T and the TF-51T dedicated forums quite by accident myself.

• Like 1

_____

• 2 months later...
В 05.06.2022 в 17:07, Jascha сказал:

If I recall correctly, the launch authorization light was once indeed orange (many versions ago). Why has this been changed? Or is this a bug?

Or maybe the manual is outdated and both lights are red IRL?

IRL the right lamp is orange. See the picture in the manual. This cocpit from LockOn or FC1. By the way, weapon control remotes backlight also became incorrect after the appearence of new cockpit model. In general, all work with the weapon control and sighting systems was done incorrectly. Including indication of the sighting head of the С-17.

Когда разбегаешься по полосе,

Глаза на приборах держи,

Но не все!

Хотя бы одним на второго коси,

Чтоб он не убрал нам до взлёта шасси!(с) РЛЭ