What about a SVP-24 targeting system emulator ?

Coupon4Coffin

For anyone who does not know it, here's some info about the SVP-24:

https://thaimilitaryandasianregion.blogspot.com/2017/08/additional-information-on-svp-24.html

It's basically a Glonass based targeting system that automatically releases an unguided bomb by comparing the target and the aircraft relative positions, and according to: the aircraft motion, the bomb flight model, the enviromental data (wind, humidity etc). Somewhat of a CCRP on steroids.

I was playing with the idea that such system could be emulated by an algorithm fed with telemetry data via Export.lua, some data relative to the weapon used, and the target coordinates. The app would first output a heading for the bombing run (or perhaps would it be possible to add waypoints via script to player controlled FC3 planes like the su-25/27/33 ? This whole thing would be meant to be used by those type of aircraft after all!), and eventually output the hotkeys for a weapon launch authorization override followed by a weapon release command at the right moment.

I am aware this wouldn't be like a small effort (on top of the code, some tables for each type of bomb would need to be made and I guess the values could only be found  empirically), plus an external app should be written in C/C++ (I guess), and that goes beyond my capacities. So I was wondering whether there is anyone around who's crazy enough to be interested in developing this. 😃

Edited by Coupon4Coffin
typos!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Coupon4Coffin changed the title to What about a SVP-24 targeting system emulator ?
  • 6 months later...