f-16 fuel

swaps

Hi,

I have been trying servers this week and loading 2 300 gal external tanks and full onboard fuel tank. after about 15 mins. I am hitting bingo fuel. flying at 3/4 throttle. This does not seem right ? as far I I can see fuel is set to auto so I assume it will feed of the 3 tanks without me having to do anything ?

Thanks Alan

Around the 3/4 of the throttle axis the afterburner kicks in so yes, it can be. You have a fuel per minute and a fuel indicator to check

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

27 minutes ago, 5ephir0th said:

Around the 3/4 of the throttle axis the afterburner kicks in so yes, it can be. You have a fuel per minute and a fuel indicator to check

I will double check but I think I would notice the high fuel rate if I was in afterburner.

Thanks Alan

Full internal fuel is 6 minutes in afterburner. Sounds like you might be in AB. If so, you may need to bring up the control axis display overlay (control+enter i believe) and calibrate your throttle so AB is where you want it to be. Good luck.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Dances, PhD

Jet Hobo

https://v65th.wordpress.com/

1 hour ago, TheBigTatanka said:

Full internal fuel is 6 minutes in afterburner. Sounds like you might be in AB. If so, you may need to bring up the control axis display overlay (control+enter i believe) and calibrate your throttle so AB is where you want it to be. Good luck.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks, I will give that a go

Alan

Also, check the fuel flow display. That should normally show about 4000-9000. And don't fly around at tree level doing 500 knots, that will obviously consume a lot of fuel. If you want to go for a long time or go a long distance, fly high - I'd say, 28k - 35k ft sounds about right.

• Like 1

She's American and she will take all the gas you have and quick 🙂 But it is going to be a fun ride. 

Fun aside the DCS model have become better, day 1 was any oil producers wet dream 😉

• Like 1

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The F-16 is a one of the more fuel efficient planes. With two wing tanks you should have a lot of endurance.

Don't fly by throttle. Target a cruise speed/alt or fuel flow. For maximum range fly at 30,000-36,000 ft at about 500 KTAS. You should be burning around 4000-5000 PPH of fuel. Enough to fly around 1000 miles or 2+ hours.

• Like 4

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

40 minutes ago, Scott-S6 said:

What do you have bingo fuel set to?

3000-5000 depending on total fuel load and mission, with the goal of landing with more than 2000 lbs and no less than 1000 lbs. 100 miles per 1000 lbs of fuel is an OK estimate for range.

• Like 1

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Hi all,

I have never set the bingo fuel and did not know you could. I was guessing the plane was calculating its self on how much fuel needed to return to take off base. I am trying flying at half throttle to see what happens but as yet I have not hit bingo due to being shot down lol

Thanks Alan

8 hours ago, swaps said:

Hi all,

I have never set the bingo fuel and did not know you could. I was guessing the plane was calculating its self on how much fuel needed to return to take off base. I am trying flying at half throttle to see what happens but as yet I have not hit bingo due to being shot down lol

Thanks Alan

The aircraft doesn't know which airfield is your destination or if you plan on refueling. 

Consider a mission where you refuel inflight on the way in and out. There may well be sections of the flight where the fuel needed to return to your starting location is more than the aircraft can carry, making the automated bingo value you suggest completely useless.

Bingo fuel is something you need to work out based on your planned activities.

22 hours ago, Scott-S6 said:

The aircraft doesn't know which airfield is your destination or if you plan on refueling. 

Consider a mission where you refuel inflight on the way in and out. There may well be sections of the flight where the fuel needed to return to your starting location is more than the aircraft can carry, making the automated bingo value you suggest completely useless.

Bingo fuel is something you need to work out based on your planned activities.

I hear what your saying but jumping in on servers to fight you dont know where you are going how far you will travel and how much time you will spend in full afterburner in dog fight. It would take me a week looking at the map to try and work that out. Im sure others can doing it but I am looking for fun fights not to become a professor of maths. I will stick with whatever the plane is set to and try to reach the nearest base or air refuel.  If I dont make it I will bail out. In most cases I am shot down before reaching bingo fuel so its not that important to me.

Thanks Alan

9 minutes ago, swaps said:

I hear what your saying but jumping in on servers to fight you dont know where you are going how far you will travel and how much time you will spend in full afterburner in dog fight. It would take me a week looking at the map to try and work that out. Im sure others can doing it but I am looking for fun fights not to become a professor of maths. I will stick with whatever the plane is set to and try to reach the nearest base or air refuel.  If I dont make it I will bail out. In most cases I am shot down before reaching bingo fuel so its not that important to me.

Thanks Alan

You're drastically overblowing how complicated this is. You look at the map and see what's going on. That gives a good idea where you're likely to be fighting. Look at how far that is from the nearest fuel source, set bingo to the amount of fuel you'll need to get there plus a bit extra.

Also, did you figure out if you were actually running low on fuel after 15mins? Or if you were accidentally in AB?

Edited by Scott-S6

20 hours ago, Scott-S6 said:

You're drastically overblowing how complicated this is. You look at the map and see what's going on. That gives a good idea where you're likely to be fighting. Look at how far that is from the nearest fuel source, set bingo to the amount of fuel you'll need to get there plus a bit extra.

Also, did you figure out if you were actually running low on fuel after 15mins? Or if you were accidentally in AB?

Ok, will check map and see. It looks like I have been in afterburner without knowing

Thanks Alan

On 6/10/2022 at 9:46 AM, swaps said:

Ok, will check map and see. It looks like I have been in afterburner without knowing

Thanks Alan

Look at the animated throttle in the cockpit while you sweep the throttle from idle to full afterburner. You will notice a distinct point where your imaginary left hand lifts the throttle handle up over the detent while you push forward. Stop just below that point and you will be at full military power (MIL).  I use that method or the detent keybind. 

• Like 2

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."