Slaw RH Rotor Pedals Calibration

Just received these pedals and am having problems with the calibration.  Dummy that I am, I can't figure out the proper sequence in calibrating the pedals.  No instructions were give given and can't find any on Slaw's web page and the video on his youtube channel only shows an older version of his calibration software.

Have made several attempts and the brake axis are fine but the rudder axis centering is off even with a 4.5% deadzone.

Have attached image of calibration screen.  Hopefully someone here who already has these pedals can help me figure out what to do.

Thanks!

Calibration Screen.PNG

Just an update:  I received instructions from Slaw via email.  And was able to complete the calibration.  Had to set the center dead zone at 5.0 for the rudder axis and the upper dead zones for the brakes at 2.5.  All working fine now.

Also an updated video with the new software is supposed to be posted on youtube in a few days.  

Appreciate the good service Slaw provides.

• Like 1

Just thinking to buy it, I already have the Viper V2 but even if they are perfect for fixed wing aircraft I think they are not the best for hely, so I wanna ask You how good they are? You use it for fixed, hely or for all? And eventually how are they for fixed wing and for hely? Thx.

Inviato dal mio BLA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
On 6/6/2022 at 1:17 AM, Ssnake51 said:

Just an update:  I received instructions from Slaw via email.  And was able to complete the calibration.  Had to set the center dead zone at 5.0 for the rudder axis and the upper dead zones for the brakes at 2.5.  All working fine now.

Also an updated video with the new software is supposed to be posted on youtube in a few days.  

Appreciate the good service Slaw provides.

Thanks. I didn't have to calibrate mine. But this is good info.  👍🏻

Cheers! 

On 6/10/2022 at 8:46 PM, Hunter Joker said:

Just thinking to buy it, I already have the Viper V2 but even if they are perfect for fixed wing aircraft I think they are not the best for hely, so I wanna ask You how good they are? You use it for fixed, hely or for all? And eventually how are they for fixed wing and for hely? Thx.

Inviato dal mio BLA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

I use mine for both, best pedals I've had. But I'll probably get the Viper V3 when released.

Initial shipment had some issues with the damper adapter, but my Dremel solved it, and I was supposed to receive a new part, so future batches won't have this. There was also one small patch that didn't have the color on one of the footrests, but I used a marker pen to fix it. 

I really like the way you can change position of the angle of both the brake pedals and the lever. 

I have small short feet, so I have to make the footrests higher in the future, but that's easy. 

What's annoying, is you have to take them apart to change the cam from centre to non center, and adjust the spring. I'm sure a more clever solution could be worked out in the future, but with a damper it's less noticeable anyway. I have the lovest setting of the spring with the centre cam. Even for helis. 

What bothers me the most is that there is some play in the structure, even if it's a few mm when you carefully tap the pedals. It's like it's not really tight enough. But I don't really notice it when playing. You can see it in the damper video. When he uses the pedals, you can see that it shifts a little where the damper sits closest to you. Like it's not rigid enough. 

Cheers! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...