How critical is INU under this condition?

Fakum

If I do a cold start at a Farp, and that Farp requires you to reposition a couple hundred feet or so away from the spot you cold started (so you can Arm and Fuel). Do I need to wait until the Confidence info goes green before I lift off to go Arm or can I just lift off when ready and go Arm and let the INU finish there?

Thanks,

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

18 hours ago, Fakum said:

If I do a cold start at a Farp, and that Farp requires you to reposition a couple hundred feet or so away from the spot you cold started (so you can Arm and Fuel). Do I need to wait until the Confidence info goes green before I lift off to go Arm or can I just lift off when ready and go Arm and let the INU finish there?

Thanks,

There's currently a lot of confusion about the INS of the DCS Apache as you can never get the INS to green status on missions without GPS and have to fly them without a proper alignment.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Im not entirely sure what that means, but for simplicity sake, do you have an opinion as to whether I should seriously consider waiting before I move?

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

I typically take off once the map pops in to the TSD.  I haven’t noticed any issues where waypoints are taking me to the wrong zipcode or anything. 

What happens in DCS if you don’t wait at all, and take off as soon as you can? Maybe I will test it and find out. 

Thanks for your feedback.

12 hours ago, Floyd1212 said:

I typically take off once the map pops in to the TSD.  I haven’t noticed any issues where waypoints are taking me to the wrong zipcode or anything. 

What happens in DCS if you don’t wait at all, and take off as soon as you can? Maybe I will test it and find out. 

Do you populate wayponts before maps pops up? Or are those already in from mission design?

I add waypoints with the F10 map with The Way, then build my route by zooming way out and clicking on the waypoints in the TSD.  Until the INU is aligned, your own-ship symbol is not placed where it should be, and the map mode is "Stick", but the waypoints all show up in relative position to each other.

Then, when the map pops in, the orientation changes and is centered on your own-ship, and everything looks normal.

On a side note, I think The Way is using LAT/LONG coordinates to enter the waypoints, so I'm not sure if anything would be different if using MGRS inputs.