NTTR Training Campaign - Mission 4

tstorey37

Sandman,

Twice now after receiving the knock it off message and RTB, the mission freezes and I'm unable to complete mission. I wanted to complete your training mission in NTTR before attempting your new campaign. I've enjoyed your work to this point.

5 hours ago, tstorey37 said:

Sandman,

Twice now after receiving the knock it off message and RTB, the mission freezes and I'm unable to complete mission. I wanted to complete your training mission in NTTR before attempting your new campaign. I've enjoyed your work to this point.

Hi,

Thank your for your feedback. There has been quite a many core updates since I last tested this Campaign. I will check if I can find reason for freezing. There has been some freeze reports lately about DLC campaign and I haven't been able to find any other reason but possibly bit too many aircrafts nearby at same time. I'm not sure if it is performance problem but it is one possibility.

For those who haven't been playing my free training mini-campaign it can be found from user-files. Sandstrom Training Camp mini campaign 1.03 by Sandman Simulations (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

• Like 1

On 6/7/2022 at 3:09 PM, Sandman Simulations said:

Training Campaign now updated. At least for me freezing not happening anymore after I fixed end of mission 4 bit more performance friendly. 

Glad you found an issue, what did you find?  I will gladly give it a try. Did you repost the campaign on ED?

17 hours ago, tstorey37 said:

Glad you found an issue, what did you find?  I will gladly give it a try. Did you repost the campaign on ED?

Hi,

New version 1.04 can be downloaded from DCS user files. Unfortunately it will reset your old campaign but you can skip previous missions. Because there is no good debriefing option in DCS there is not very much to see after the point freezing happened so you have pretty much passed the campaign already.

I think problem was too many aircrafts in vicinity of the player. Because it is training campaign no one will die and killed aircrafts from both sides would fly back to Nellis after being hit. Unfortunately Nellis approach is not so efficient so those returning aircrafts were stacked at holding. I'm pretty sure freezing occurred when player got to point were aircrafts in holding should become visible. That problem was not there few months ago so I don't know what has changed and why it is happening. Or I can be totally wrong and problem comes back next time I test it 😬 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/6/2022 at 3:54 AM, Sandman Simulations said:

For those who haven't been playing my free training mini-campaign it can be found from user-files. Sandstrom Training Camp mini campaign 1.03 by Sandman Simulations (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

I wasnt aware of this mini-campaign .. thanks a lot for sharing it for free, I will certainly try it 👍

Edit: I didn't like the idea of placing it within the DCS program files, so I stored it at /Saved Games/ where it works the same and avoids any issues with the dcs Repair and Update utility  🙂  looks like this;

0qCRcHC.jpg

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

10 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

I wasnt aware of this mini-campaign .. thanks a lot for sharing it for free, I will certainly try it 👍

Edit: I didn't like the idea of placing it within the DCS program files, so I stored it at /Saved Games/ where it works the same and avoids any issues with the dcs Repair and Update utility  🙂  looks like this;

0qCRcHC.jpg

Hi,

Thank you for your tip. That is at least as good place to save it. Or even better