Instant Action - Dry Dock Demolition

Fangs

Has anyone successfully completed this mission? If so, would you care to offer any tips?  It's a pop up attack mission against a heavily defended target and i get shot down every time, either on ingress or egress and I haven't successfully hit the target yet because i'm too busy avoiding SAMs after I pop up.

• 4 months later...
On 6/6/2022 at 1:38 PM, Fangs said:

Has anyone successfully completed this mission? If so, would you care to offer any tips?  It's a pop up attack mission against a heavily defended target and i get shot down every time, either on ingress or egress and I haven't successfully hit the target yet because i'm too busy avoiding SAMs after I pop up.

Reposting... Has anyone ever completed this mission?

• 5 months later...
On 10/29/2022 at 9:53 PM, Fangs said:

Reposting... Has anyone ever completed this mission?

Better late than never! Yes, i've done it a few times as I quite enjoy low level.  I've screwed up and overshot with the bombs a few times but never recall having been shot down and rarely even taken fire. I did tend to leave the pop-up phase of the attack as late as I can get away with. I also come in very (like would impress a seasoned Viggen driver) low for the last few miles, so radars have taken little to no interest in me prior to pop-up. Sweeping turn post-release and then return to low altitude and hammer it away from the scene of the crime.

• Like 2