Petrovich targeting cross not aligned with actual target

cobrabase

I don't know what I did but Petrovich is spotting targets with the spiral missiles but the targeting cross is not aligned with the actual target.  Petrovich will launch the missile but it will fly over the target and hit where the cross is rather than the target.  

Keep in mind I am not flying as the gunner but the AI is handling the AT-6 missiles.  I've never seen this behavior before. 

The problem remains between different missions. 

Edited by cobrabase

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 hours ago, cobrabase said:

I don't know what I did but Petrovich is spotting targets with the spiral missiles but the targeting cross is not aligned with the actual target.  Petrovich will launch the missile but it will fly over the target and hit where the cross is rather than the target.  

Keep in mind I am not flying as the gunner but the AI is handling the AT-6 missiles.  I've never seen this behavior before. 

The problem remains between different missions. 

Is it after firing the first missile? You might be breaking the periscope sight by exceeding the maneuvering restrictions with the periscope sight open. Which is 25 degrees bank, and +/-25 degrees pitch. Petro will try to close the doors in time if you come close to exceeding those numbers, but it doesn’t always do it fast enough to stop rhe periscope from breaking the gyros 

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Flew last night and the problem is gone.   It think old data stays in the system between missions; I have seen that before.   Even switching maps data from damage of a previous flight (even if a different module) can linger. 

Once again - no idea how the misalignment happened but at least it has reset itself. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

5 hours ago, admiki said:

Can you explain your process? Do you always tell Petrovich to deselect targets before breaking off?

This is exactly what you do. When you tell Petrovich to de-target he also secures the targeting periscope, which in turn cages the gyros to prevent damage.

Edited by Sealpup

Going to guns mode does the same thing if you have a bind for it. That one will Atleast work even if the AI menu is not up. But down short to close the sight will only work with AI menu up, but yeah you need to do that before maneuvering past 25 degrees bank or you’re inviting a broken/funky/in precise guidance

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2022 at 1:08 PM, cobrabase said:

Once again - no idea how the misalignment happened but at least it has reset itself.

Please make sure to attach a track the next time it happens to you.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.