Setting up throttle

Paladin1cd

Sorry, you have me confused. In Simappro you will have no throttle input from the aft stop to idle cutoff

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

8 hours ago, Phantom711 said:

Well...I don`t see that I said anything different really. Even though there is still a tiny bit of physical travel from IDLE till the aft backstop and the shut-off keybind is not pressed until I reach the full aft position.

Anyways...the important part of the massege was, that my throttle shows no axis input at IDLE (in SimAppPro).

This unfortunately seems to be the physical travel is after you pitch up the throttle to get it back into cutoff and its hard to go to idle and not kill the engine. 

nullThis might help? When pulled back to the idle position you notice it still has throttle put in. 

image.png

On 6/18/2022 at 10:28 AM, Phantom711 said:

again: you need to do the calibration in SimAppPro from IDLE to MIL and MAX AB. The throttle will then „consider“ the IDLE position as the „lowest“ position.

have you done that?

I just did this again and it still gives me the result from the screenshot. 

Are you sure that you have calibrated correctly?? Here's a short vid I made on the correct procedure....

Ok, I finally got it sorted. However, doing so now all my scalable items like my radar ant elev and my dial (the slider below slider) suddenly have three positions only, but they are not in the three position mode. I tried to calibrate them and they keep jumping to either end or the middle. 

51 minutes ago, MustangSally said:

Are you sure that you have calibrated correctly?? Here's a short vid I made on the correct procedure....

Lovely video, thank you. So... The problem was which axis. I wasn't calibrating the correct axis. SMH. Now that I know how to figure out which axis is what I've got the new problem as I was going through them all to calibrate and now well... That video would have REALLY helped me the other day lol. Thank you!

vor 13 Stunden schrieb MustangSally:

Sorry, you have me confused. In Simappro you will have no throttle input from the aft stop to idle cutoff

Yes…because you and me have calibrated our throttles that way. But as far as I know, the throttle is capable of providing input all the way from the backstop to „full AB“. Of course for us this would be unwanted, but people might want to use the throttle for other sims/games, that don‘t even support that feature (idle detent/shut-off) or don‘t need it (i.e.: space sims).

Edited by Phantom711

vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

image.png

1 hour ago, Phantom711 said:

Yes…because you and me have calibrated our throttles that way. But as far as I know, the throttle is capable of providing input all the way from the backstop to „full AB“. Of course for us this would be unwanted, but people might want to use the throttle for other sims/games, that don‘t even support that feature (idle detent/shut-off) or don‘t need it (i.e.: space sims).

Cannot be done...just move it out of the detent. There is no throttle input between rear stop and Idle/off!

I also tried factory defaults and the bottom slider is stuck in three position mode but isn’t if you take my meaning. Along with the radar elevation. What do I do with that now? As it is I can’t work the radar at all and I don’t know what I could have done. In windows it shows the both of them acting incrementally as expected. 

have you tried changing the mode using the 'Switch Mode' menu?

The tab next to the slider is not showing buttons like when it is in that mode. It shows like a slider, which is what has me floored on that one. It was working just fine and now…. Not so much. It’s not useable at all because the antenna elevation is uncontrollable.