LS-6 and GB-6 pre-planned are inaccurate in multiplayer (solved: aligment time not respected)

Lynnux

In multiplayer the LS-6 and also GB-6 are inaccurate in pre-planned mode (PP1...4 on F10 map) rendering the LS-6 useless in this mode.

In single player the weapons are accurate in pre-planned mode. In TOO mode (target via TGP) the weapons are accurate in both single and multiplayer.

HNS: INS+GPS
INS calibration: GC (long, high accuracy)

The issue was introduced in one of the recent patches.

Edited by Lynnux
Removed possible relation to Viggen BK90

for pre-planned, it's "absolute" coord, while for too, it can be from onboard sensor which actually gives you coord based on aircraft coord (so relative coord).

if there's drift, pp can be affected, but too might not

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

No drift but I have to check that and flight to target was short. The behaviour looks similar to that of the BK90 of the Viggen. Have the glide bombs been changed in recent patches ?

Is drift switched on/off in the options ?

Edited by Lynnux

The LS-6 deviations are a strange one:

The MP server I'm playing on cycles between 3 missions. 3 days ago pre-planned LS-6 were not hitting targets. In the same mission 1 day later all pre-planned LS-6s were accurate.
When the LS-6s are not hitting, the deviation is random, i.e. not drift due to the wind. When watching them I sometimes saw the the last second before impact they suddenly bank and turn away from the target but that's not always the case when they are missing. Investigation to be continued but will be paused for 3 weeks...

Inaccurate_LS6.jpg

Oh, and something else you likely already got reported because it's a very old behaviour:

When the first bomb is released in pre-planned mode the target in all previously set up programs A/S1..6 are reset to PP1 (channel 36).

Don't know if this is "normal" but for a real pilot in combat this would be pretty inconvenient.

Edited by Lynnux
  • Like 1

Riddle solved:

I never considered that the LS-6 also has an alignment time. By rushing to the targets to keep the track-file as short as possible the alignment was not finished, resulting in the deviation. The target area is close to the airfield, so this obviously happened also before.

Did a short test to confirm: rushed to the targets, dropped to LS-6s while still aligning. Both missed. Waited for the alignment of the remaining two bombs before dropping them => both were accurate.

What remains is the not considered drift of the GB-6 submunition due to the wind but that's the same issue as for the Viggen BK90.

Edited by Lynnux

• Lynnux changed the title to LS-6 and GB-6 pre-planned are inaccurate in multiplayer (solved: aligment time not respected)