Aim-120C?

Swoleymoley

Umm, what is wrong with aamram's now? I fire 4 from f16 35k 1.5m 33miles aspect hot and they all get notched by Jf-17 ace ai? What happened? 

oh, and I crank to keep radar in gimble's until active

then I turn cold

did 6 1v1 bvr's, zero hits... that is 24 120c's

never lost lock early on crank either

bogey never turns cold to defeat 120c’s

edit: tested with every other fast jet on ace ai, 80miles both at 41k, hot, 1.3mach (since the “Jeff” can’t go much faster and wanted to keep similar speeds to start across all)

Seems to be a jf17 phenomenon. Could the rcs be incorrect? The new AI (which is great) doesn’t seem to have similar success in other jets. Anyone else have similar issues with f16 vs jf17 radar and/or 120c?

Edited by Swoleymoley

• ED Team

Hi, 

the RCS for the JF-17 is correct, it does have a slightly smaller RCS than the viper if my memory serves me correctly. 

The AI will react to threats depending on how the mission creator has set the advanced waypoint actions, if you think there is a bug we need to see a short as possible track replay showing the issue. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2