Auto AAR

DN308

I really wish an auto air to air refueling...

I can't understand why there's not an autopilot sequence at the very first second once the contact is made...

My hand is stiff and my HOTAS support need to be fixed after each AAR mission attempt.

I'm quite such an useless prick trying to refuel. That's the same sequence everytime, every plane : pre-contact, contact, you taking fue..., return pre-contact, clear contact... and then an unstoppable sequence of basket missing, up and down roller-coaster and nothing more than 200 pounds of fuel taken in 20mn of flight.

Damn!🤯😭

11 hours ago, DN308 said:

My hand is stiff and my HOTAS support need to be fixed after each AAR mission attempt.

That is the reason of your problems. Tensioned muscles cause you to overcorrect and induce oscillations which get bigger with each subsequent overreaction driving you finally to break connection with the basket as with big tension it is very hard to make small and smooth inputs.

You need to force your muscles to relax on both stick and throttle, and do it even several times during whole procedure. I still tend to tension up unwillingly sometimes during refueling and that is when it gets harder to stay in position, but faster i react by relaxing, the faster everything becomes easier to control.

• Like 1

That’s exactly what my cardiologist tells me. force yourself to relax...

Maybe DCS will helps me to prevent my blood pressure...
Flex your hands and your toes regularly and remember to take slow breaths. Focus on keeping in formation with the tanker, nothing more.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Am 7.6.2022 um 22:22 schrieb DN308:

I really wish an auto air to air refueling...

I can't understand why there's not an autopilot sequence at the very first second once the contact is made...

I'm quite such an useless prick trying to refuel. That's the same sequence everytime, every plane : pre-contact, contact, you taking fue..., return pre-contact, clear contact... and then an unstoppable sequence of basket missing, up and down roller-coaster and nothing more than 200 pounds of fuel taken in 20mn of flight.

Damn!🤯😭

What kind of Hotas system do you have?

With practice, you can do it with anything.

However, the right hardware can make it much easier and the "wrong" hardware can make it harder.

Just take hands off stick and fly the trim switch.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

On 6/13/2022 at 11:13 AM, Hobel said:

What kind of Hotas system do you have?

With practice, you can do it with anything.

However, the right hardware can make it much easier and the "wrong" hardware can make it harder.

I have a TM Warthog 

vor 54 Minuten schrieb DN308:

I have a TM Warthog 

Yes I also had and is possible. but still always found it very hard with it.... and I think that is here the problem.

But with a Virpil Warbrd Base or others in the quality it goes  significantly better.

Edited by Hobel
  • Thanks 1

If you really do not want to manually fly AAR, isn't there an option for "unlimited fuel" under the Gameplay tab in settings?  

System: IBP Snowblind, i7-9700k, Zotac RTX2080Ti, 32GB DDR4 , Samsung 970 Plus 1TB M.2 NVMe, WD 1TB, Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog HOTAS, TM T.Flight Pedals, TM MFD's, Buddyfox A10C UFC

Modules/Maps: F/A-18C, A10C, UH-1H, F-15, F5, P51, F14, Caucasus, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

On 6/15/2022 at 6:21 PM, Chappy500 said:

If you really do not want to manually fly AAR, isn't there an option for "unlimited fuel" under the Gameplay tab in settings?  

Yes of course. Just that sometimes, there is an AAR sequence during a mission and that I want to make it

On 6/16/2022 at 11:59 AM, DN308 said:

Just that sometimes, there is an AAR sequence during a mission and that I want to make it

Well now you have a reason to practice. It only seems impossible until it clicks and you get it. Then it’s like riding a bicycle where the skill remains subconsciously. 

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

On 6/16/2022 at 9:59 AM, DN308 said:

Yes of course. Just that sometimes, there is an AAR sequence during a mission and that I want to make it

If you can get one, a stick extension helps! I put aside my TMWH setup and got the WINWING Super Taurus/Libra setup and it made the difference. At least, for me! It even helps with my WWII warbirds. I did feel tense when using the TMWH, maybe it is the short throw I had (no stick extension). There are other alternatives, but I would definitely try out one with an extension. I was decent with the TM Warthog, but I am better now with my current rig. 
From there, it's all fingers! I no longer hold my stick with a death grip! But as @SharpeXB was saying, practice is key!
Good Luck!

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

53 minutes ago, Jackjack171 said:

From there, it's all fingers! I no longer hold my stick with a death grip!

Yes, for example I use a CH Fighterstick which is rather light and I just have it sitting on a desk mount, not fastened down at all. 

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

A future upgrade to all F-16's World wide is AUTO-INFLIGHT REFUELLING. This includes all aircraft it is a big upgrade to Navigation and FLY BY WIRE. So in the next few years it will come up even the Hornet and Superhornet will be able to AUTO-INFLIGHT REFUEL using an new AUTOPILOT SYSTEM. For DCS it would involve an extra MFD page and a new Helmet Display. There are ways to script an AUTOMATIC INFLIGHT REFUELLING in DCS.  

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]