Manual mode INT setting

dporter22

In the Manual Mode bomb training mission it says that the INT value is the number of feet between bombs and he has you input 100 feet, but on the bomb profile page it shows the INT value is MS.  I assume this means milliseconds or meters.  Either way, MS is not feet.

Can anyone clarify please?

1 hour ago, dporter22 said:

In the Manual Mode bomb training mission it says that the INT value is the number of feet between bombs and he has you input 100 feet, but on the bomb profile page it shows the INT value is MS.  I assume this means milliseconds or meters.  Either way, MS is not feet.

Can anyone clarify please?

I remember that INTerval is always feet (FT), just when MANual mode is selected the INTerval it’s Milliseconds (MS).

Computer bomb spacing is in distance (feet). Manual bomb interval is in time (milliseconds). They try to refer to space-like intervals as "distance" and time-like intervals as "interval". I think the F/A-18 might use "interval" for both.

In any case manual bombing data entry is always time. It's not computed so it's not feet.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Frederf said:

Computer bomb spacing is in distance (feet). Manual bomb interval is in time (milliseconds). They try to refer to space-like intervals as "distance" and time-like intervals as "interval". I think the F/A-18 might use "interval" for both.

In any case manual bombing data entry is always time. It's not computed so it's not feet.

Ok, so the training mission is incorrect when it refers to feet (you'd think they would double check these basic things in the training scenarios, along with all the spelling errors).  And is the INT setting milliseconds between releases or impacts?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dporter22 said:

Ok, so the training mission is incorrect when it refers to feet

Yes

10 hours ago, dporter22 said:

If INT is feet, then why does the profile page indicate MS instead of FT?

Just when Manual mode is selected the interval is MS Milliseconds and not FT Feet.

just in this release mode.