Advice on minimising controls issues when switching seats

markturner1960

Hi several times I have had real issues ( nearly crashing) when swapping between seats due to mismatch of presumably what george is doing and my physical controls.....

Anyone got any tips on how to minimise this? 

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

I have my CPG flight control axes mapped/mirrored to my pilot's. Cyclic, collective, and pedals. When in the CPG seat, I request controls from pilot (as CPG), start moving the helo to where I want to go and only *then* switch to pilot seat. It's then a seamless transition. All this is before the SAS saturation thing, so no idea how it's going to hold up with trim etc.

Cool, was not aware you "request controls", that will obviously be a huge help.....( I do have my controls mirrored already) thanks!

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

press "C" to request controls.

An other idea is to mimic roughly the correct axis movement George has, by looking at the "axis overlay" (right ctrl + enter) and then switch seat.

Though i think the "request control" variant is the smoother one.

K

As far as I can tell, and if you don't care about the LARP-ing "realism" of it, there is also no functional need to switch out of the CPG seat once the bird is started. At least in DCS it seems you can fly it as adequately (or adequately enough, anyway) from the CPG seat.