South Atlantic Map early access release note

myHelljumper

6 minutes ago, myHelljumper said:

In addition to this we have decided to allow the first wave of the assets to be included into the core game, so this means everyone will get them for free whether they purchase the map or not.

This is fantastic news, and very unexpected - thanks for this.

Looking forward to checking out the results of your hard work later today.

• Like 4

Sounds really good 👍🏻 

• Like 1

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Cant wait, where is the BUY button? :grabbounce:

• Like 5

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

1 hour ago, myHelljumper said:

The current size of the map is around 70 GB, if we had taken the decision to render all land masses using the highest quality textures, the map would have been around 250 GB. So there is a happy balance to be had with size compared to texture quality for the areas between the populated airfields, towns and cities.

Would it be possible to release it in two versions? The 70gb version and the 250gb version? I have space for the big one. Would be nice to give the option for both.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

g8PjVMw.png

Just now, Mainstay said:

Would it be possible to release it in two versions? The 70gb version and the 250gb version? I have space for the big one. Would be nice to give the option for both.

An interesting option.  That's the kind of suggestion that would result in me buying a new NVME drive.  Not that I'd mind.

• Like 3

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

4 minutes ago, foxonefoxtwo said:

WHAT THE......Where do I buy!!!!!!!!!!!

I assume it comes with the open beta patch which comes in the evening in Europe. 

• Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

It's free?

Edit: Nevermind🤦🏾‍♂️

Edited by pimp

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

downloading already...  🙂

image.png

Edited by wju
  • Like 2

i7-7820X@4.5Ghz; GPU 3080Ti, 64GB RAM, HP Reverb G2; VKB Ultimate stick; VIRPIL Throttle; Slaw Pedals; custom AX&BTN BOX

Same problem here. I bought the map, downloaded the update but cannot download the map. It is not even listed in the module page of DCS although I have a valid license in my DCS profile...

Just now, Quax said:

Same problem here. I bought the map, downloaded the update but cannot download the map. It is not even listed in the module page of DCS although I have a valid license in my DCS profile...

When you say module page are you looking in the module manager (top left icon when you start DCS)?

• Like 1

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat