South Atlantic Map early access release note

myHelljumper

20 minutes ago, Breakaway said:

Is it just me or does the promo vid look alot nicer than the map really is. I'm on high settings and it looks no where near as good as the promo vid.

Promo video does appear to use the dynamic weather, so might used other tricks to.

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

First of all let me say I love the map, have managed to get around a lot of it today, high settings smooth video love it. I know that this is early access and WIP but there are a few things this map really needs:-

1. More mainland airfields

2. More parking for large aircraft on ALL airfields, I am sure that Mount Pleasant can park more than two C17's at a time, (This is a problem right through ALL maps in DCS)

3 The ability to turn off Mount Pleasant airfield to allow more realistic missions set at the time of the Falklands war.

As I said before I love the map and the details contained in it  but it really does need more airfields.

Edited by Minijohn
extra comment
  • Like 1

On 6/8/2022 at 3:12 PM, myHelljumper said:

The current size of the map is around 70 GB, if we had taken the decision to render all land masses using the highest quality textures, the map would have been around 250 GB. 

Can you offer this as well someday in the near future?
I am asking because the map is - due to the nature of this certain area in the world - empty over wide areas.
So it would make sense to have really pretty textures to compensate for the emptiness.

So far, I like the map very much! Thanks for creating it!

Edited by TOViper
  • Like 4

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

I noticed on one the elevation map that there are two Port Pleseants near Bluff Cove/Fitzroy.

also, flying bearing 270 in to Port Stanley, and Port Stanley airfield my screen goes black, flickers on and off and as soon as away from that area… it doesn’t happen.

Other than that, loving the map. Excellent terrain, we need the asset pack… the ships, Harrier flying off and onto Invincible. 

On the subject of ships… their air defences is way too potent… even AAA is totally lethal… unrealistic! 

14 hours ago, Semaphore said:

also, flying bearing 270 in to Port Stanley, and Port Stanley airfield my screen goes black, flickers on and off and as soon as away from that area… it doesn’t happen.

I see this issue too. Turn off your mirrors. I bet that will fix it. It's not an SA specific issue - it happens in other maps. ED are aware but haven't been able to fix it yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PC specs:

7 minutes ago, bell_rj said:

it happens in other maps

Yes, it happened to me today, at Marianas map. 😞

• Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

19 hours ago, Semaphore said:

flying bearing 270 in to Port Stanley, and Port Stanley airfield my screen goes black, flickers on and off

If it looked like one of the following sample videos, your issue might be related to this known bug, which is still present. As I've observed, the issue appears only in certain conditions, usually in the dawn at a specific time frame and/or altitude of the sun:

• Thanks 1

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

I just saw the problem of a black screen
which occurs on the SA maps, without knowing if it is due to this map
but I have the same problem which happened only once in 2D
on the caucasus maps 2 days ago.
Maybe that has nothing to do with your problem.
Just an info🤔

Had it in the Falklands map when I was sharing a mission with @Ozone in two helos Apache and Hind......Switch off the mirrors solved the problem.... hope it works for you 🙂

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz   Turbo 5.1 GHz, Asus Prime Motherboard B460M-A, Nvidia Geoforce RTX4090, 64gB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR 3600Mhz,Windows 10 Pro Reverb G2V2

I really appreciate the ambitious nature of the map, and already consider it money well spent (as long as it continues to be improved 🙂). It's simply refreshing to have something other than desert to fly over.

Sooooo many great potential scenarios here...

Biggest ask (for me) is to get the unmarked but existing little airfields marked on the F10 map, and work on adding the other IRL airfields in the region (particularly in Chile, etc.). I realize there aren't all that many IRL, but that just makes it more important to add them in 😉 

Having more airfields to operate from will make the map far more usable and enjoyable even without other long term improvements.

Many thanks to the Razbam team for this passion project - I hope this venture literally pays off for you, AND that you can find time to bring us other playgrounds to enjoy!

EtA: I, too, would enjoy a High Definition texture option, a la Orbx TrueEarth products!

Edited by UrgentSiesta
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, UrgentSiesta said:

I really appreciate the ambitious nature of the map, and already consider it money well spent (as long as it continues to be improved 🙂). It's simply refreshing to have something other than desert to fly over.

Sooooo many great potential scenarios here...

Biggest ask (for me) is to get the unmarked but existing little airfields marked on the F10 map, and work on adding the other IRL airfields in the region (particularly in Chile, etc.). I realize there aren't all that many IRL, but that just makes it more important to add them in 😉 

Having more airfields to operate from will make the map far more usable and enjoyable even without other long term improvements.

Many thanks to the Razbam team for this passion project - I hope this venture literally pays off for you, AND that you can find time to bring us other playgrounds to enjoy!

EtA: I, too, would enjoy a High Definition texture option, a la Orbx TrueEarth products!

+1

More airports needed. 😉

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MicMic said:

+1

More airports needed. 😉

+1 more airfields

• Like 1

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

15 minutes ago, skywalker22 said:

none of use has and will ever be there anyway

🙂 I've actually been there ... but I'm all for having additional airfields 👍

TC5eEkb.jpg

• Like 10

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

1 hour ago, skywalker22 said:

I was kidding 🙂 Awesome pic btw, amazing landscape, right? What were you doing there, if I might ask?

🙂 just a vacation, I was eager for a long road trip on my then new car, and patagonia was the farthest destination within Chile that I could go 😃

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

🙂 I've actually been there ... but I'm all for having additional airfields 👍

TC5eEkb.jpg

Great photo! Do you know where the exact spot is on the map? Maybe go there in DCS in a chopper, land and compare the view, just for fun! It would be interesting to see.

i5-11600K CPU, 64GB DDR4 RAM, XFX Speedster MERC319 AMD Radeon 6900 XT, Oculus Quest 2, HP Reverb G2

33 minutes ago, AlpineGTA said:

Great photo! Do you know where the exact spot is on the map? Maybe go there in DCS in a chopper, land and compare the view, just for fun! It would be interesting to see.

It was around here:

C2NcZK0.jpg

now cue for the users clamoring for a 5 meter mesh 🙄 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, skywalker22 said:

lol, doesn`t look much alike 🙂 

5m mesh? Sorry, thats looks more line 20m or more.

I'm sure you could do a better map on your own 🙄 .. I will settle for this.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

It was around here:

C2NcZK0.jpg

now cue for the users clamoring for a 5 meter mesh 🙄 

"There's really no denying it! It's very much like real life. A masterpiece!"

• Like 1

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,