South Atlantic Map early access release note

myHelljumper

3 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

It was around here:

C2NcZK0.jpg

now cue for the users clamoring for a 5 meter mesh 🙄 

I honestly think it's really not bad at all. It's pretty good! I didn't expect it to look as detailed the photograph but it's quite accurate.

i5-11600K CPU, 64GB DDR4 RAM, XFX Speedster MERC319 AMD Radeon 6900 XT, Oculus Quest 2, HP Reverb G2

18 minutes ago, AlpineGTA said:

I honestly think it's really not bad at all. It's pretty good! I didn't expect it to look as detailed the photograph but it's quite accurate.

Yes, the lakes are as in real life, and also most of the roads .. I wish it had the towns fleshed out a bit, for example this is where the Custom between Chile and Argentina is located:

Real life:

W7PU37D.jpg

On DCS:

EhoKfpi.jpg

I'm still satisfied with the Map, and I have no regrets purchasing it, as I want to support the development not only with constructive criticism, but also with my purchase money. If no one buys it, how can we expect it to be improved?

• Like 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

14 minutes ago, Semaphore said:

I am somewhat surprised that the 'landing strips' at both Pebble Island and Goose Green haven't been modeled... is there plans to add these to the map?

They said in discord chat:

"The goal is to add at least all the paved airports"

(...)

"(...)we want the map to be as complete as possible so we will add as much as possible"

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

16 hours ago, Semaphore said:

I am somewhat surprised that the 'landing strips' at both Pebble Island and Goose Green haven't been modeled... is there plans to add these to the map?

Goose Green is modelled, it's just not visible in the F10 map.

The smaller airstrip at Pebble Island is present (and depicted more like an FOB), but the larger one is not. I'm unsure which were used by the Argentinians during the raid on Pebble island (perhaps both?), but images from the Falklands War appear to show Argentinian aircraft on the larger one.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

27 minutes ago, Northstar98 said:

Goose Green is modelled, it's just not visible in the F10 map.

The smaller airstrip at Pebble Island is present (and depicted more like an FOB), but the larger one is not. I'm unsure which were used by the Argentinians during the raid on Pebble island, but images appear to show it was the larger one.

Whereabouts is the larger one?  There’s a straightish area of grass about 5km east, but very difficult to pick out in GE.
I’ve overflown the smaller field - would be a challenge for most fixed wing (except Yak & Harrier??)

4 minutes ago, rkk01 said:

Whereabouts is the larger one?  There’s a straightish area of grass about 5km east, but very difficult to pick out in GE.
I’ve overflown the smaller field - would be a challenge for most fixed wing (except Yak & Harrier??)

About half a km north of Pebble Island Settlement, there are 3 grass runways; a ~2200 ft runway facing north-west/south-east, a ~950 ft runway perpendicular to the first (facing north-east/south-west) and a ~970 ft runway further to the south, facing east/west).

Unfortunately there's a building currently blocking the south-eastern side of the 2200 ft runway.

See here.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Thanks 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

2 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

About half a km north of Pebble Island Settlement, there are 3 grass runways; a ~2200 ft runway facing north-west/south-east, a ~950 ft runway perpendicular to the first (facing north-east/south-west) and a ~970 ft runway further to the south, facing east/west).

Unfortunately there's a building currently blocking the south-eastern side of the 2200 ft runway.

See here.

This is very true but i do not think you can take off, or land at these places...  

35 minutes ago, Semaphore said:

This is very true but i do not think you can take off, or land at these places...  

You can, but you need to pick a suitable aircraft.

System:

17 hours ago, rkk01 said:

I’m not sure that other Pebble Island site is even an airfield…

looks more like a peat cutting site???

Just had a fly around in the little Yak… it’s definitely possible to land and take off from the “proper” Pebble Island field, but someone needs to mow the grass and put the white marker stones back😮

As @Northstar98 states above, there is a building at the eastern end of the longest runway - a bit unnerving to be accelerating towards this on takeoff!

The little field that Razbam has worked up as Pebble Island airfield is very unconvincing.  Google Earth imagery shows no roads or buildings and the feature looks partially flooded. I’m still of the opinion that this is a peat cut 

EDB07E5A-262D-4708-B9CC-B77270F86413.png

Wikimapia seems to think its an airfield:

IYf5RWF.png

Though I've found no images of it, as depicted in DCS World.

But this image (showing an IA 58 and a T-34) is clearly at the larger one (towards the southern end, the runway the aircraft are parked on being the smaller one running east to west):

PebbleIsland.jpg

This image looks much closer to the coastline, so I'm more inclined to say the larger one:

maxresdefault.jpg

This is also clearly the larger one:

Pebble_Island_Mentors-and-Pucaras_.jpg

Also note how the airstrip seems to be left more-or-less as is, with no new structures. Either way, it looks like I'll be using some scenery remove object triggers to remove the smaller site.

System:

There is actually another grass runway visible between the two - I suspect the wikimapia ref should be to this one…

AF0030CE-3F58-494C-BAB6-900F5E15E421.jpeg
the two areas that raise my suspicions about the modelled SE field are:

1.  Dark colouration in west - looks like flooding??? Which would imply a depression / lower ground level within an excavation

2.  Striations / linear grain within the terrain - looks like the texture you’d get from peat cutting, and there are similar patterns immediately NE of Pebble Island Lodge

Today, we will have new OB Patch.

Something new for SA map? Bugs, optimalisation or maybe new part of hires textures? 🙂

• Thanks 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Todays patch:

DCS: South Atlantic

• Added South atlantic assets:
    • Naval:
      • Castle class patrol vessel
      • Harbour tug
      • HMS Invincible aircraft carrier
      • HMS Achilles frigate
      • HHS Andromeda frigate
      • HMS Ariadne frigate
      • Almirante Lynch frigate
      • Almirante Condell frigate
      • ARA Santa Fe Submarine
    • Vehicles:
      • LARC V
      • TACR2A
    • Placeable:
      • Tower crane
      • Small lighthouse
      • Wind turbine (Offshore and Land based)
      • KAT345L Excavator
  • Known Asset pack issues:
    • No RWR missile launch warning from HMS Invincible
    • HARM missile and HTS can not detect Leander class or Invincible
    • Missing textures on Sea Dart missile, and booster detach animation missing
    • AI AV-8B can have problems landing on HMS Invincible with weapons loaded
    • SeaCat and SeaDart launchers have no rotation limits
    • Leander class frigates are missing sounds
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

19 minutes ago, mmarques said:

I believe the old airfield you are looking for (Aeródromo Auxiliar Calderón) is this one:

image.png

Agreed on that one… needs to be tweaked by Raz… even today the runways are marked out by white rocks (based on Google Earth) 

Please Raz - get the markers in place, mow the grass and move the building at the eastern end of the runway😉

The Pebble Island Airfield that is modelled - I’m deeply sceptical that it’s the correct location. Looks like a peat cutting pit.

The grass runway just NW is probably what they were aiming for 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YoYo said:

Naval:

• Harbour tug
  • HMS Achilles frigate
  • HHS Andromeda frigate
  • HMS Ariadne frigate
  • ARA Santa Fe Submarine

I love having more ships as much as anyone, but the three british frigates are actually almost identical save for its ID number, and the two chilean ones are also of the same type-42 and lack the country flag (tough they do have the wood plaques with gold lettering for the ship's name). The carrier looks really nice, but I have yet to test it in operation. looking forward to the "25 de mayo" 🙏

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

5 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

I love having more ships as much as anyone, but the three british frigates are actually almost identical save for its ID number

Apart from the name, they all have the same mesh, worse is that Andromeda is not in the appropriate fit for the Falklands War (which is drastically different for both weapons and sensors, not that the latter is modelled with much fidelity)

and the two chilean ones are also of the same type-42 and lack the country flag (tough they do have the wood plaques with gold lettering for the ship's name).

The British frigates are Leander Batch 3s (Achilles and Ariadne should be Batch 3Bs and Andromeda a Batch 3A, fun fact, my Dad served on Ariadne in the early 90s), the Chilean ships are Condell-class frigates (which is a modified Leander), unfortunately they also fire the wrong AShM.

The carrier looks really nice, but I have yet to test it in operation. looking forward to the "25 de mayo" 🙏

Agreed on both counts.

System:

11 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

I love having more ships as much as anyone, but the three british frigates are actually almost identical save for its ID number, and the two chilean ones are also of the same type-42 and lack the country flag (tough they do have the wood plaques with gold lettering for the ship's name). The carrier looks really nice, but I have yet to test it in operation. looking forward to the "25 de mayo" 🙏

Is it possible to land on those frigates? Does thay have animated railing on copters platforms like on ED models?

(just Q, I didnt check it yet, maybe at the weekend)

btw. here we have pictures of new models of ships for SA map:

CastleClass_01.jpg

HMS_invincible.jpg

HarborTug.jpg

Leander-gun-lynch.jpg

Leander-gun-condell.jpg

Leander-gun-ariadne.jpg

Leander-gun-andromeda.jpg

Leander-gun-achilles.jpg

Santa Fe.jpg

Edited by YoYo
  • Thanks 2

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

21 hours ago, YoYo said:

Todays patch:

DCS: South Atlantic

• Added South atlantic assets:
    • Naval:
      • Harbour tug
      • HMS Achilles frigate
      • HHS Andromeda frigate
      • HMS Ariadne frigate
      • ARA Santa Fe Submarine
    • Vehicles:
      • LARC V
      • TACR2A
    • Placeable:
      • Tower crane
      • Small lighthouse
      • Wind turbine (Offshore and Land based)
      • KAT345L Excavator
  • Known Asset pack issues:
    • No RWR missile launch warning from HMS Invincible
    • HARM missile and HTS can not detect Leander class or Invincible
    • Missing textures on Sea Dart missile, and booster detach animation missing
    • AI AV-8B can have problems landing on HMS Invincible with weapons loaded
    • SeaCat and SeaDart launchers have no rotation limits
    • Leander class frigates are missing sounds

Hoping the known issues get resolved... 

have also noted that AI AV-8Bs line up behind Player AV-8Beven if this means each other aircraft is suspended in mid-air behind the Carrier Invincible.

Other ships required are Type 21 and 22 Frigates and Type 42 Destroyers... please  🙂