Colouring seems a little bit off in the promo videos

twistking

Hello,
i have not purchased the map yet (and will probably not before it comes out of EA), but i've been following the development since i think it's an interesting region. However on quite a few videos and pictures i found the colouring a bit too oversaturated. Especially the greens seemed to be oversaturated. That was mostly on low level shots.
My question would be, if you feel the same, especially if you have already purchased the map and my second question would be to Razbam if colouring is soemthing that will get another polishing pass during the EA phase.

Thanks.

11 hours ago, twistking said:

Hello,
i have not purchased the map yet (and will probably not before it comes out of EA), but i've been following the development since i think it's an interesting region. However on quite a few videos and pictures i found the colouring a bit too oversaturated. Especially the greens seemed to be oversaturated. That was mostly on low level shots.
My question would be, if you feel the same, especially if you have already purchased the map and my second question would be to Razbam if colouring is soemthing that will get another polishing pass during the EA phase.

Thanks.

Tested it briefly and I can't say the saturation disturbed me. Actually, I switched off and back on my shader mod (which makes the colors a tad more vivid/saturated and everything less hazy) and I liked the textures more with the shader mod enabled.

Edit:

Using HP Reverb

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I feel like DCS has been over saturated in general since a few updates ago. I use reshade tonemap shader to adjust the saturation down.

PC Hardware: Asus Maximus XIII Hero / i9-10900K / 64 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE / Samsung 960 NVMe / LG OLED48CX / Reverb G2

Flight Controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / VKB T-RUDDER MKIV / Cougar MFD Set

DCS Modules: F-14 Tomcat / F/A-18C Hornet / AV-8B NA / F-5E Tiger II / A-10C Warthog / F-16C Viper / UH-1 Huey / LOFC3 / Spitfire LF Mk. IX / P-51D Mustang / WWII Assets Pack / Normandy 1944 / NTTR Map / Persian Gulf Map / Syria Map

Whererever I came across a similar situation on any game, I wonder if we are asumming we all have our monitors decently calibrated for starters. Monitors or whatever device you played the promo videos on.
Then using ingame gamma or 3rd party apps like reshade for manual tuning to your very own likings.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

The Falkland Islands look real to me on my monitor and reminds me of the colours and textures that I used to fly over in Caithness and Orkney. Not explored too far away from there yet so cannot comment on the rest of the map yet.

My monitor is calibrated as are my TVs and my cinema, good visuals and sounds are important to me 

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

i checked some more videos on youtube and i think it might have been the preview videos of one particular channel that had way oversaturated colours. other videos i've seen now look more natural indeed. thanks for the replies!

• Like 2

We have several ex service aviators that have commented on how realistic the Falklands is compared to real life. Our aim is to make the map as realistic as possible to capture the natural beauty of the different regions throughout the map.

• Like 1