Possibility to modify the missions to make the TOS accurate?

Hello,

With the new CRUISE page it would be nice if all the streerpoints were at the right time for the TOS, right?

I thought I saw in a lot of steerpoints that the arrival time was inconsistent, probably because when you made the campaign the cruise was not working

thanks

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/10/2022 at 5:42 PM, Jetguy06 said:

+1

I just flew the first mission of the campaign last night, and after entering the correct TOT for the target at steerpoint 10 in the CRUISE page, I had to keep scrolling to steer 10 after the push to see where my carat was for my timing.

That's a function of the viper, rather than the campaign though?  The TOS function of the CRUS page only works as a Direct-To the selected steerpoint, it doesn't take into consideration any intermediate waypoint of deviation from a straight line.  At least, that is how I understand it to work.

It is still achievable to hit the TOS as fragged, it just means a little more mental maths, and occasional SP juggling.  Often I will set the TOS for the target SP, but then fly the planned route either manually, or using heading-hold, rather than steering-select.  Depending on how much the route deviates from the ideal direct route, then add a few more knots.

I think the computed times as planned is a problem, as the clock essentially starts ticking as soon as you enter the mission, rather than the fragged takeoff time.  It essentially assumes you are instantly airborne at waypoint zero, and then calculates the TOS for each steerpoint based on that time, which is why in reality they are usually 15 minutes behind due to the startup time and scheduled takeoff time.  I think this is as much a mission editor issue, as a campaign one.

• Like 1

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

• 1 year later...
On 8/11/2022 at 1:42 AM, Jetguy06 said:

+1

I just flew the first mission of the campaign last night, and after entering the correct TOT for the target at steerpoint 10 in the CRUISE page, I had to keep scrolling to steer 10 after the push to see where my carat was for my timing.

Sorry for digging this up, but for future reference, you can use the Delta TOS functionality to increase / decrease the TOS of the whole flight plan. I normally use this to increase 15 - 20 minutes to all TOS on startup for this campaign.

7 hours ago, minhnguyen404503 said:

Sorry for digging this up, but for future reference, you can use the Delta TOS functionality to increase / decrease the TOS of the whole flight plan. I normally use this to increase 15 - 20 minutes to all TOS on startup for this campaign.

Nice!! That sounds like just what I'm looking for. I'll check it out in the manual. Thanks!!