Unable to detect or track helicopters on radar

Arctic Fox

As of the current patch the Hornet appears to be unable to detect or track helicopters on radar. Both standard search and ACM modes appear to be affected. I have attached a track showing me trying to detect a closing Ka-50 from 20 miles out, switching to ACM at close range. I was unable to acquire it in any way. I've also tested this with an Apache AI unit.

The F-16 appears unaffected so this seems to be a Hornet only issue right now (I haven't tested other airframes, though).

Hornet Helicopter Detection.trk

Was also unable to detect the helicopter at any range.

yFcR3VY.png

Edited by MARLAN_

1A100.png?format=1500w  

Virtual CVW-8 - The mission of Virtual Carrier Air Wing EIGHT is to provide its members with an organization committed to presenting an authentic representation of U.S. Navy Carrier Air Wing operations in training and combat environments based on the real world experience of its real fighter pilots, air intercept controllers, airbosses, and many others.

Hello,

Same happened to me yesterday. I wanted to test the new AIM-7P and shoot down a Mi-26 from the digital sky. This hovered 2000ft above ground. Set TargetSize to Small, switched from LOFT to Helo. I could not lock onto the helicopter either with the radar or in any ACM mode.

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!