'LASE # TRGT' Loal message error?

AvroLanc

The behavior of the 'LASE # TRGT' message has changed in the recent 8th June patch.

Before the patch the target number '#' always reset after each engagement i.e when all Hellfire's had reached TOF=0. For example, you'd get LASE 01 TRGT during a LOAL launch as prompt to lase, if you'd rapid fired and had 2 Hellfire in the air you'd get LASE 02 TRGT at the appropriate time, if 3 Hellfire in the air then LASE 03 TRGT etc....

After they'd all impacted, the message would reset to LASE 01 TRGT for the next set of launches.

New behavior in recent OB: The message never resets, so you get LASE 04 TRGT etc (up to LASE 16 TRGT) even if it's for the first launch in a later engagement sequence. 

I'm 99% pretty sure it's a bug since I always thought the message was a reminder to tell you how many Hellfires are in the air and how many are needing imminent lasing ('lase 3 targets please', 'lase 2 targets please' etc). It could be correct though, in that it supposed to be the absolute targets you've engaged....Lase the 4th target, Lase the 9th target, Lase the 11th target' etc.....

Can an SME step in? It has changed, was it intentional?

LOAL Lase Error.trk

• ED Team

It shouldn't be absolute. It should be based on how many missiles are in the air at a time.

I haven't tested this myself in DCS recently, nor do I know if it was intentional or not.

• Thanks 1

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

17 minutes ago, Raptor9 said:

It shouldn't be absolute. It should be based on how many missiles are in the air at a time.

I haven't tested this myself in DCS recently, nor do I know if it was intentional or not.

OK thanks.

It's a bug then, doubt it was intentional.