Not even a free flight mission! OMG

huchanronaa

At this time you have to create one. No big deal here, but I'm sure in time they will be some. 

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

Go in editor, clunk down a plane you want. Save and press fly mission. Takes 3 seconds. 

I've made 4 missions so far, except for some strange AI bugs. Things are working fine. 

• Like 2

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

1 minute ago, Gunfreak said:

Go in editor, clunk down a plane you want. Save and press fly mission. Takes 3 seconds. 

I've made 4 missions so far, except for some strange AI bugs. Things are working fine. 

Yep.  :drinks_cheers:

I've been hopscotching my way across the map, changing planes and choppers along the way. One landmark to another, back into the ME and switch, and back to flying where I left off. As you said, takes seconds. 

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

13 hours ago, huchanronaa said:

If I read correctly, this dlc  doesn't even have free flight  mission

Steve Brule What GIF

• Like 1

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

Go Multiplayer 

• Like 1

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

In this video is shown, how to place an aircraft on an airfield. Maybe you can use this is a start. It's really simple to place an aircraft on any airfield, add some waypoints and land on an other airfield.

The video is in german, but maybe it's helpful watching it. I'm sure, there are other videos out there in english. Maybe some one has a link to a good, simple tutorial video?

18 hours ago, huchanronaa said:

Although it is an early release version, it is too lazy

So there are ~35 aircraft in DCS, you expected the dev's to create (and maintain) 35 free flight missions (most of which wouldn't be used) because you can't or don't want to use the mission editor.

The South Atlantic Map is an asset pack for mission makers, there are no period/country specific aircraft in DCS yet, I'm sure eventually there'll be a few missions included but IMHO the focus of the dev's to improve the map is correct and not to waste their time (and ours) creating filler content to tick someone's "checkbox".

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

2 minutes ago, Ramsay said:

So there are ~35 aircraft in DCS, you expected the dev's to create (and maintain) 35 free flight missions

I didn’t expect that, but a few missions for Razbam’s own aircrafts would have been nice 😇 

• Like 5

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

18 hours ago, huchanronaa said:

Although it is an early release version, it is too lazy

Same goes to you i guess, be thankfull they even brought it out yet

Edited by Falconeer

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

9 minutes ago, Ramsay said:

So there are ~35 aircraft in DCS, you expected the dev's to create (and maintain) 35 free flight missions (most of which wouldn't be used) because you can't or don't want to use the mission editor.

The South Atlantic Map is an asset pack for mission makers, there are no period/country specific aircraft in DCS yet, I'm sure eventually there'll be a few missions included but IMHO the focus of the dev's to improve the map is correct and not to waste their time (and ours) creating filler content to tick someone's "checkbox".

For me it is certainly not a big problem not to have freeflight missions right from the start, but to be fair, such missions are more than placing a single aircraft in a map. Self designed missions don't have surprises, or "wow-moments". Especialy those with only one aircraft are not vivid. I don't think the OP means that one can't place a plane and some waypoints in ME. Freeflight missions for me are more than that.

I obviously can wait some weeks for a new map's missions, but I would appreciate to klick on a freeflight mission for new maps, start on a crowded air base and have some aircraft in the air, that I don't have set there myself knowing exactly what the are going to do.

So if the question is: Are freeflight missions critical for a (EA) map? I'd say no.

Are they a good way to start with a new map or a new aircraft: It is definitly a YES for me.

The Mission Editor is one of the best things about DCS. I make 99.99% of my flights in the ME. I can't stand flying boxed missions. I want my flight to be MY flight.

Open the ME, spend 30 seconds making your own flight, and you're off. And it's addictive. After you start making your own flights, boxed flights will look like stale donuts. And not even good stale donuts, but the really bad donuts; evil, crumbly, and full of negativity.

Make your own flights. 

• Like 1

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

3 minutes ago, Beirut said:

Open the ME, spend 30 seconds making your own flight, and you're off.

Same, I know it's lazy but it gets the job done and allowed me to quickly sample the Falklands and test out the newest Mirage changes.

5 minutes ago, Beirut said:

The Mission Editor is one of the best things about DCS ... I want my flight to be MY flight.

This too.

When creating my first free flight mission around Cyprus, I needed to read up on the island and it's history before I could appreciate what was (and was not) modelled in DCS.

I imagine creating missions for the Falklands will be similar but will use historical weather from the "war" to get a proper "feel" for flying and fighting over the islands.

• Like 1

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

40 minutes ago, Ramsay said:

Same, I know it's lazy but it gets the job done and allowed me to quickly sample the Falklands and test out the newest Mirage changes.

This too.

When creating my first free flight mission around Cyprus, I needed to read up on the island and it's history before I could appreciate what was (and was not) modelled in DCS.

I imagine creating missions for the Falklands will be similar but will use historical weather from the "war" to get a proper "feel" for flying and fighting over the islands.

When I did my half-assed Goose green mission. I used the historic date. But did not actually check the weather. I assumed it would be relatively cloudy (it almost always is in that part of the world.)

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

Map DLC manufacturers release maps with some free-flying missions to show buyers the features and special landscapes of the map, but RAZBAM didn't even have one when they released the EA version, although buyers can make their own, I Still have to say: RAZBAM is really lazy

Edited by huchanronaa
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, huchanronaa said:

I still have to say: RAZBAM is really too much lazy

Since you seem like such a hard working person, why don't you edit a few missions and share with the community?  🙄

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

8 minutes ago, huchanronaa said:

The map DLC manufacturer comes with some free-flying missions for the purpose of showing buyers the features and special landscapes of this map, but RAZBAM doesn't even have one, although buyers can make their own, I still have to say: RAZBAM is really too much lazy

You do realize the map was only released into (very) early access two days ago ? 
Most of the features and landscapes aren´t done. 

Sure, I´d also like a nice sightseeing mission, but I´m very much ok with it if they do that last, when everything else on the map is finished.
Calling the developers lazy is really inappropriate in my opinion.

Map DLC manufacturers release maps with some free-flying missions to show buyers the features and special landscapes of the map

Only map makers know the features and landscapes of this more than 3 million square kilometers map best, and it is difficult for us buyers to make free flight missions better than them

• Like 1